[Squeezebox] playSound vs LMS 7.9.1 on piCorePlayer / lost connection

Hi!
Looks like with the new version it is still working (yay!) or at least it reconnects to the server in case issue occurs. I’ve attached log for you as I’m not sure what should I look for right now. The only problematic thing that left is that sometimes the player does not go back to the oroginal volume that was before running playsound and the volume is wrongly set to 0. This isn’t something new and it happened also before, just didn’t mention about it, sorry.
Note that the log file is ZIPPED.
openhab.log.7.zip.xml (910.0 KB)

Yes, there was one instance in the log where the connection dropped and it reconnected a minute later. I’m still a little unclear about what is causing the issue, so I may give you another version with a bit more debug logging.

I’m not sure what’s going on with your network, but there are a lot of communication-related issues in the log from Telegram, Chromecast, and Squeezebox. I think you said that your openHAB pi was wired. Maybe it’s plugged into a port on the switch that has some issues? Or, maybe the ethernet port on the pi has issues.

Everything is wired except tablets. I’m running openhab on Pine64. I read somewhere that there may be some hardware network issues, hence it is possible that my board is affected. I’m going to look into my internal network and also, just in case, I will move to Raspberry Pi to check if connection issues appear in the same way.

@zacofunny I posted a new version here. Hopefully with this version I’ll find out which exception is being thrown, and then be able to do a proper fix.

1 Like

All set and run.

One question, with this new version, what should I look for in the log to make sure that the problem already occurred?

Look for this text

SqueezeServerListener got unexpected exception

I’ve got one exception of this kind today. Log attached.
openhab.8.log.xml (21.0 KB)

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :+1:

Now I have to figure out how to fix it. :frowning:

You can run that version until I get a real fix. You also can take it out of DEBUG mode.

1 Like

@zacofunny I posted a new version here with what could be a permanent fix. Could you please install it?

Please keep a copy of the jar you’re currently running in case this new version misbehaves badly. :wink:

No need for DEBUG mode. Just leave it at INFO log level. It will log at WARN level if it fails.

Hi! I will leave DEBUG log level for some time yet and provide you log file later on, just to be sure if nothing else happened.
Cheers!

Fair enough. That’s probably the safe thing to do. :+1:

@zacofunny I assume no news is good news. :wink: But I thought I’d check in to see how it’s going after a few days. No errors so far?

Hehe, nope. It just means that I have not very much time to play with my openhab at the moment. Don’t worry, I will get back to you once I have some time and the log.

Just rebooted openhabian and got:

2018-11-24 22:03:49.435 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.squeezebox      ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.squeezebox
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.squeezebox [278]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.4.0.201811150132"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.squeezebox"; singleton:="true"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

Check in the console to see if you have more than one binding installed.

list -s | grep squeezebox
1 Like

Hi Mark! It looks like the issue with disconnections from LMS is fixed. There is only one issue that still occurs in my case: sometimes after playback some players does not go back to the original volume that was before running playsound and the volume is set to 0. Can I catch this with DEBUG or TRACE mode?

That’s certainly good news. Thanks for your help tracking this down. I’ll submit a permanent fix in the next couple days.

You might be able to catch the volume issue with a debug log.

Here you go. I can’t see anything interesting in the log, guess TRACE or more will be required here. Looks like the command for moving back volume to 90 wasn’t successfull for some reason. The other player did worked well. Not sure if this is player related or something elese. Both are wired piCorePlayers on RPis.
volumeissue.log.xml (12.7 KB)

Thanks, I’ll take a look.