SqueezeBox Speak on OH2

The timeout is a symptom of the squeezelite bug. Rich’s build of squeezelite should resolve that.

It might help the priority of getting a permanent fix if you posted a “me too” on the squeezelite thread. :slight_smile:

It’s strange because the same text was working this morning. It’s a fairly long string which should have caused the buffer to fill up a few times. I’ll add my name to the list now

Thanks for the debug log.

It definitely shows the player is paused prior to the notification playing. And, it definitely shows the pause command being issued after the notification completes. I’ll need to look into this more closely.

Awesome. Thanks for doing that!

How are you installing this on your piCorePlayer? Are you copying the executable to the pcp, then replacing the existing version of squeezelite at /tmp/tcloop/pcp-squeezelite/usr/local/bin/squeezelite?

The behavior is pretty unpredictable when squeezelite gets into this state. For me, it almost never works, even with very long TTS strings.

Yes, you can replace the existing squeezelite-armv6hf located in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/. You have to rename it to squeezelite-armv6hf of course, and chmod +x to make it executable. Both the ffmpeg and non-ffmpeg versions seem to work fine with VoiceRSS, I haven’t had any success with MaryTTS, although haven’t really had time to look at it too closely.

I think that’s where it was in pCP 3.02. In 3.10, it looks like they moved the location of the executable.

I got it installed and it’s working. Thanks!

I also now can reproduce the issue with it playing after the notification completes. Hopefully, now I’ll be able to get the issue sorted out. :wink:

1 Like

@g_g_rich @Rob_Pope

Here’s another version. It’s pretty odd what I had to do, but pause is now working for me. Let me know how this works for you.

I’ll continue to see if I can figure out why pause (mis)behaves the way it does, as well as test on a few more device types.

1 Like

That seems to be working for me now too!

1 Like

Here’s what I found in pCP 3.10… It looks like they now use a build of squeezelite that uses shared libs. However, you can still drop a statically linked squeezelite (named just squeezelite) in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce. When you restart squeezelite, or reboot the pCP, it’ll give priority to starting the squeezelite in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce.

Would love to hear sound from Squeezebox. Unfortunately I can’t even got the new version running. I followed your instructions. But it seems openhab doesn’t installs the jar file. Any hint?

What happens when you put the jar files (squeezebox and upnp) into the addons directory? Is anything logged in openhab.log?

What do you see when you list the bundles in the karaf console (e.g. bundles:list -s | grep squeezebox)?

I downloaded the files via wget into /usr/share/openhab2/addons/. Nothing happend. So i changed the owner, modus, touched them. Nothing happend. I restarted openhab, I restarted the pi. Nothing happend. No log, nothing with your grep. I hate such situations… it doesn’t work and I doesn’t have any clue where to start. :crying_cat_face:

Sorry, have to ask an obvious question… Are you sure you downloaded the actual jars? Should look like this.

Your wget should’ve been on these links.

https://github.com/mhilbush/squeezebox-test/raw/master/org.openhab.binding.squeezebox-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
https://github.com/mhilbush/squeezebox-test/raw/master/org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp-0.9.0.jar

ls -l *.jar

-rw-r--r--@ 1 mark  staff    21K Jan 30 16:58 org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp-0.9.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 mark  staff    68K Jan 30 16:58 org.openhab.binding.squeezebox-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

file *.jar

org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp-0.9.0.jar: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract
org.openhab.binding.squeezebox-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract

Ah man… I HATE GITHUB! Every time i think the file path is from the overview page. But I have to open the detail page and copy the link from the download button. Sorry for my stupidity.

Everything is working now.

No problem. I do the same thing all the time.

I posted a new version here.
https://github.com/mhilbush/squeezebox-test

This version:

• improves reliability of scenario where player is paused prior to notification playing
  • should resolve issue where volume changes are confirmed before notification plays
  • fixes restore of shuffle and repeat mode after notification plays
  • fixes bug where event log was being spammed with title changes when playing Internet radio
2 Likes

FYI, the PR was merged today, 10 Feb 2017, so the squeezebox audiosink and notification support should be included in tomorrow’s OH2 build.

1 Like

Could anyone give me a quick pointer how to set this up? I’ve never used TTS on openhab. I’m running an openhab2 installation (latest unstable) with squeezebox setup.

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found it

Hi,

how do you setup the TTS ?

Kay