[SOLVED] Start.bat error launching the openhab runtime.... \belgium was unexpected at this time

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: _x64
    • Java Runtime Environment:
      java version “1.8.0_211”
      Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b12)
      Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)
    • openHAB version: latest
  • Issue of the topic: start.bat gives error

Hi,

first time user of openhab trying to set it up. I’m stuck when using c:\openHab\start.bat

gives me the error:
C:\openHAB2>start.bat
Launching the openHAB runtime…
\Belgium was unexpected at this time.

system variables:
JAVA_HOME
C:\Program Files (x86)\java\zulu9.0.1.3-jdk9.0.1-win_i686

already tried to quote the whole string and reboot but no changes are made to the error…
When editting start.bat there is a command “set local”. Not really sure what this does…

greetings

Your error says you are running Zulu Jdk 9. OH needs version 8.

Hi bruce,

i’ve changed my path of the systemvariables to:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_211

rebooted my system and tried it again, resulting in the same error:

C:\openHAB2>start.bat
Launching the openHAB runtime…
\Belgium was unexpected at this time.

C:\openHAB2>java -version
java version “1.8.0_211”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b12)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)

C:\openHAB2>

i suppose that this is JDK8?

To me that looks like JRE 8 which should be ok as far as I know. I have not run OpenHAB directly on Windows.

What version of OpenHAB?

openHab 2.4.0

Often, when one sees very strange errors like this (what does this even mean? Did Belgium show up unannounced to a party?) a search on Google (or your engine of choice) will be illuminating.

Do you by any chance have installed The Belgian eID toolkit? http://enira.net/?p=179

3 Likes

rich,

my search on google wasn’t illuminating, maybe i wasn’t clear enough? Or maybe i didn’t asked the right question to google. tried serveral ways and several searches. Maybe i wasn’t persistant enough…anyway i will check that out! thx!

Okay, that really was the solution! Thank you Rich!

1 Like

I just searched for “\Belgium was unexpected at this time.” and the website I linked to was the second result.

I’m a bit concerned about my searching behavior and my luck with google :roll_eyes:
First searched google (not good enough) and then i searched this forum for the error (no hit). Then removed all java shizzle, reboot and all the shizzle again, reinstalled and then frustrated went to the forum :slight_smile: Thank you again, could have done this on my own actually :frowning:

But sharing the product of ze little grey cells … it helps :wink:

1 Like