Starting a Spotify Playlist on Chromecast

Since you can cast an mp3 file to your Chromecast device using the PlayURI-channel, why not try downloading your playlists on Spotify to MP3? There are many tools online which can help you download Spotify to other formats without losing sound quality.

Spotify Premium can help you listen to Spotify playlists on Chromecast. Spotify Free needs to use an additional tool such as AudKit Spotify Music Downloader to download and transfer Spotify playlists to Chromecast for offline listening.

Hello, I try to connect is to launch a playlist on a google mini with spotify, I use the “item” url of chrome cat for that, with the following parameters:

GoogleMiniBureauPlayuri.sendCommand (“spotify: user: me: playlist: Group therapy 344”) but nothing works, have you an explanation of how to format this url? because I can not find, thank you in advance.

ps: if I run the spotify voice on the google mini it works, but via playuri it does not work

Did you find a solution for this? I’m looking for the same, but for some reason I can’t get my google mini to play spotify without talking to it. Via Openhab it’s not working unless it’s already playing.

Hi, but why the spotify app, can change to this “offline” devices?

Best Regards,

Hey fapg!

Currently casting mp3 via PlayURI-channel on Chromecast devices using Openhabian. Looking to cast Spotify playlists—need authentication method for Spotify and possibly a converter for playlist URI to Chromecast-compatible URI.

Any insights appreciated!

Touch me if any query!!