State of GE Z-Wave dimmer model 12724 is not syncing

@chris oh cool. how does one use this in OH2? is it available in the beta2 snapshot? i might as well see what functionality is already there before trying to do something myself.

You could try taking a look at this thread -:

I think it should be something like the following, but I’m not 100% sure as I don’t use it -:

var refresh as RefreshType
sendCommand("BEDROOM_TV", refresh.REFRESH)

looks great, i’ll give it a try soon and report back!

i grabbed the latest build snapshot and had some modest success with this. the rule that ended up working the best was:

import org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType

var Timer syncTimer = null

rule "Sync Test"
when
    Item Bedroom_CeilingLight changed
then
    sendCommand(Bedroom_NightstandLight,
                Bedroom_CeilingLight.state.toString())

if (syncTimer != null) {
        syncTimer.cancel()
    }

syncTimer = createTimer(now.plusSeconds(1)) [ |
        sendCommand(Bedroom_CeilingLight, RefreshType.REFRESH)
    ]
end

the GE dimmer is definitely a fickle beast. for whatever reason, the item gets two updates in quick succession right after the physical button is pressed and immediately released; it gets no updates at all when it is held.

the timer seems to help by preventing more than one refresh request, and also only refreshing when the dimming should be finished.

the lights now sync more quickly than they did with the scheduled refreshes, but it’s still pretty jerky. it seems like it can take a couple of seconds for the refresh request result in an update sometimes (could this be due to its low priority?)

rather than trying to keep the lights in sync as the dimming happens, i’ll probably just try to figure out when the dimming is done on the first light and send a single update the the other light. the refresh command will be helpful for that i think.

thanks @chris!

@jayekub have you made any further progress? I just installed this switch (actually two, and two add-on switches) and am having the same difficulties. I’m trying to decide whether to return it or not…

whoops, sorry for the delay! i’m just living with it and waiting to upgrade to OH2 at this point. my experience with testing OH2 was encouraging, but if this not working is a deal breaker for you, i’d probably recommend going with a different switch.

good luck!