Status updates for Qubino Relays/Dimmers generally do not work

In order to find out whether this issue also covers my problem:

I am using a Qubino relay, and while reading the power consumption does work, the temperature sensor item constantly has the value “-NaN” in PaperUI’s control panel. Is this the same problem?

I have a dimmer (ZMNHDD) with firmware ver. 1.1 and the temperature readings work without issues, so I guess not. Did you connected the temperature sensor before inclusion ?

No, I did after. Should I re-include?

Yes - you MUST connect the sensor before inclusion or it won’t be seen.

RTFM (Read The F** Manual) :slight_smile:

Which manual? FWIW, the manual of the device does not mention it.

But unfortunately, it does not help anyway. I reset the device, it got a new node ID. I removed all OpenHAB data, even updated to OpenHAB 2.2. But still only the Watts are correct, the °C are -NaN or zero.

Anyway, it seems to be off-topic here. I will experiment further and open another topic.

from section “Module Inclusion” of the manual You posted: “Connect module to power supply (with temperature sensor connected - if purchased)”. You have to disconect from the power to.

If that is not working then maybe your sensor is faulty ?

This has been also part of my tests. No help.

I have no experience myself, but a newbie coworker had exactly the same problem as you - he finally gave up on OH because of this. The channel where created, but no temp data came in. The moment he switched to the other system, it worked straight off. So if you ever find out, I would be glad if you could share, so I can feed this back to him.

Has he/she opened already a topic for this?

I’ve just got some of the Qubino devices so I will try and test this out during the next week. I had a quick look at the database last night and it looks like the temperature sensor is configured against the root endpoint which is likely incorrect. It should just be a simple database update to fix with any luck.

1 Like

What other system did he switch to?

No, I don’t think so, I think he spent a weekend or so with OH, before giving up and went on to another HA.

I don’t remember what he said, something built up with python I think? I can ask him tomorrow.

Yes, that would be great. It would be nice to have another reference for testing purposes to see quickly if the issues are caused by the device or by the specific OH Binding.

OK, so the one working for him was home assistant.

It’s a bit unclear to me. Was the original issue in this thread (reporting switch and dimmer status) resolved?

I think it’s resolved with the dev version if you have recent firmware, but some older (ie V1) firmware still doesn’t work.

Thanks Chris. I was holding off on buying them until this was resolved. I assume that the ones that are in stores today contain the new firmware release (although one can never be sure of course).

@chris Do you know if it is possible to upgrade the older firmware?