Stelpro Maestro ASMT402AD with Zigbee

Can confirm uninstalling the old binding with the UI worked for me. Dropped the kar file in the addons folder and it seemed to reinstall.
Also uninstalled itself spontaneously but was able to reinstall through the UI and it seems happy.

Thermostats seem to work fine. Not sure about the unoccupied vs occupied setpoints.
Works when setting the occupied setpoint. Original app didn’t have the distinction. Doesn’t make a difference to me.

Well… I removed zigbee bundles manually through the openhab-cli console. Now the UI is confused, will list the uninistalled zigbee as installed but offer to install it, and list zigbe 3.2 as uninistalled but can’t install it.

Since I don’t understand what the relation is between the manual bundle management and the UI, I guess I am truly stuck.

By the way, at least I learned that zigbee is crap. Stelpro is probably not the only vendor cheating the standard to keep attributes and commands out of reach of the open source projects… its disgusting. At least my experience with zwave is much better… it probably enforces more strictly the standards. Anyway… sorry for the rant. Openhab is still cool, zigbee is still crap. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what the issue is with this device now, but sadly there are plenty of companies out there that use custom functions in ZWave as well, and there are quite a few devices that do not meet the standards on ZWave. The bigger problem with Zigbee is there are a lot of devices that have not been tested for compliance - eg a lot of the Chinese devices. These claim to be Zigbee devices, and use some of the zigbee protocol - enough to work most of the time.

I’ve put devices through Zigbee compliance testing, and it’s quite rigorous.

Yeah, losing the power consumption monitoring without the Stelpro app was pretty annoying.
Also annoyed that they have already left behind the Maestro system in favor of their new Allia home automation system. I was the first one in my city to adopt Maestro and communicated with them directly for a bit. Early support was good and they even told me they were developing a low voltage zigbee thermostat that would work with my fireplace and the Maestro app.
That never happened.

Might eventually run all my heat circuits through a single power monitor at my panel.
Will probably put my Fibaro implant on the fireplace control circuit and let OH act as the “thermostat”.

Not sure about the binding issue. Used the UI for all of it except logging in through SSH to drop the kar file manually in the addons folder.
Maybe uninstall both, remove the kar, reboot, confirm it is gone in the UI, drop the kar file in again and see if it appears.
I believe OH should automatically recognize the kar file and consider it installed, although mine did hiccup once and needed it reinstalled through the UI.