Steps to generate a new binding

Hi there,
trying to maven compile my new binding following Develop a NEW binding OH2 documentation, I’ve received a “Could not find the selected project in the reactor: :org.openhab.binding.mybinding” error in console.

Later today, I found that - (at least) on Windows, before executing Step #3 I had to add the entry:

<module>org.openhab.binding.mybinding</module>

to openhab-addons/bundles/pom.xml

Supposing that’s not so trivial for beginners, I was wondering if it’s worth adding such step to the documentation…

Cheers

2 Likes

You can do a PR on the documentation yourself

1 Like

@vzorglub, thanks, will do :wink:

The skeleton script should add it for you. If it doesn’t it’s not directly a documentation problem, but a bug in the script and it should be fixed there. There isn’t any documentation describes what other files need to be changed outside your own binding directory, so it might be worth adding a section about that. That section should probably be added to the coding guidelines page as that also describes the add-on project structure.

1 Like

Hi @hilbrand,
Following the openHAB documentation, I’ve finally completed my binding for BTicino Smarther and would like to contribute with a PR.

I’m using Eclipse on Windows and reading Contribution section I’ve found some useful hints. I suppose I have to create an enhancement issue however, before doing anything wrong, I was wondering what’s the best way to achieve the goal in my case (via Eclipse, git command line, etc.).

I’d appreciate a lot if you could point me in the right direction :slight_smile:

Thanks,

1 Like