Strange crash of openhab. Read only system file in JSON DB

Hi all,

I am using openhab on docker. I got a strange openhab crash. The last enties in my log file are:

2022-01-12 03:37:25.201 [ERROR] [re.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Error writing JsonDB to /openhab/userdata/jsondb/org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json. Cause /openhab/userdata/jsondb/org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json (Read-only file system).
2022-01-12 03:37:25.203 [ERROR] [re.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Error writing JsonDB to /openhab/userdata/jsondb/backup/1641955045203--org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json. Cause /openhab/userdata/jsondb/backup/1641955045203--org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json (Read-only file system).

However, these files ar not read only. They can be writen by the openhab user and that is the user openhab is running as. It looks like something is going wrong when the jsondb backup is triggered. Does anyone know how to trigger this backup so I can work out wat is causing this?

Note, it’s not the files that are read only. It’s complaining that the whole file system on which the files reside are read only. This is often either because the file system is full or it was mounted as read only.

Thanks for that observation. Strange, the disk is only 28% filled and I just tried writing a big file (1GB) to the disk in that location. That didn’t casue any problems. I am not remounting the file system in the middle of the night, So it looks like I have some more hunting to do.

Definitely pay attention to Docker. The volume can be mounted read only into the container. There might be something going on there.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.