Struggle with Plex

Hello wanted to implement the Plex binding in my openhab system, but it doesn’t work at all. I made it Step by step like the doc :frowning:

my cfg file:

my item file:

Where is my mistake?

Good night,
Mark

From what I can see in the pic. you have the same channel for everything and it starts with hue not plex. The channel definition for each should be a bit different as the PLEX documentation gives an example.

items/plexdemo.items

Switch PlexTVPower	"Power"         <video>		{plex="playerid#power"}
String PlexTVStatus	"Status [%s]"	<video>		{plex="playerid#state"}
String PlexTVTitle	"Title [%s]"	<video>		{plex="playerid#title"}
String PlexTVType	"Type [%s]"		<video>		{plex="playerid#type"}
String PlexTVCover	"Cover"			<video>		{plex="playerid#playback/cover"}

Dimmer PlexTVProgress   "Progress [%.1f%%]"    <video>    {plex="playerid#playback/progress"}
DateTime PlexTVEndTime  "End time [%1$tR]"     <video>    {plex="playerid#playback/endTime"}

Dimmer PlexTVVolume	"Volume"		<video>		{plex="playerid#playback/volume"}
Switch PlexTVPause	"Pause"			<video>		{plex="playerid#playback/pause"}
Switch PlexTVPlay	"Play"			<video>		{plex="playerid#playback/play"}
Switch PlexTVPlayPause	"PlayPause"		<video>		{plex="playerid#playback/playpause"}
Switch PlexTVStop	"Stop"			<video>		{plex="playerid#playback/stop"}

In the future please post the text in code fences so it’s easy to see.

1 Like

ok i have now splitted into 2 item files. my Plexiglas item file is now called plexdemo.items.
The item is in my item paper ui as an item, but I can’t control it in paper ui.

The latest log in code fences :smiley:

2020-01-03 13:58:38.076 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'home.items'
2020-01-03 13:58:51.726 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'plexdemo.items'
2020-01-03 13:58:51.785 [INFO ] [.internal.PlexGenericBindingProvider] - Plex item PlexTVPower bound to client 1.14.0.201912090720 property power

Thanks as it helps us help you. :+1:

PaperUI is for configuration not control. Create a sitemap and add your item to control via BasicUI.

Looking at the log, do you have simple mode turned on in PaperUI?

1 Like

It’s a version 1.x binding, you won’t be able to do that.

As said, show your Item in a proper user-facing UI

1 Like

I have now implemented it in the Basic UI.
neither the text item nor the switch does what it should.

Turn it off:
Log:
2020-01-04 12:41:49.513 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘PlexTVPower’ received command ON

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2020-01-04 12:41:49.513 [WARN ] [ab.binding.plex.internal.PlexBinding] - Cannot send command for item PlexTVPower, property power is read only

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2020-01-04 12:41:49.526 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - PlexTVPower changed from OFF to ON

Play Status:

Would be so nice to have it working :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Mark

The log tells you that power is a read only item so you may want to look at using the WOL binding for power.

Does the other items work for Plex?

No as I said the Pause Item does not work, too. It says Stopped but the Video is playing…

I also implemented the Title item of the film you are watching. There it does nothing work.

does the plex addon work for anyone at all?

Read thru some of the issues on github https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/issues?q=is%3Aissue+Plex+is%3Aclosed