Suddenly Disk full

Did you by any chance want to refer to apt-get clean instead?

yes, I was too lazy to cross-check.

Is there a better way?

For sure but as I said it’s all bungling that I won’t help people with.

So you suggest letting that file grow?

What I am asking is “Is there a way how one could control the size of that file? A way which does not qualify as ‘bungling’!”

Any non-bungling would mean to fix the reason for the file to grow
But you said you have a 32G SD now - so: yes let it grow :roll_eyes:

That’s the only place it needs to write to. It polls bluetooth devices and posts their status there. for a binding in OpenHab to use the info.

you already wrote that. So disable the script or fix it so it does not write there.

Could the SD card be slowly losing blocks? (Marking bad ones as unusable, so the capacity shrinks.) I’ve seen this happen with USB flash drives - new 32GB formats as ~31G, after a few years of miscellaneous use it’s down to ~26GB. Dunno about SD cards in this respect.

I suppose it could. I don’t know the mechanism for marking sectors to that level of detail. There is very little difference between SD cards and thumb drives though.

No. There’s no proactive feedback mechanism to the filesystem layer. So yes a device could mark blocks as unuseable but fs capacity would not shrink.
Instead you would be getting a write error when all the ‘good’ blocks are in use.

1 Like