Suggestion : add "Ping light" or similar to Inbox

I’d to suggest adding a “ping light” button to light items that show up in the Inbox, perhaps also when they are in the Control interface. This could be helpful when adding several new lights at the same time or when moving lights to make sure they are working.

What exactly do you mean by “ping light”? Do you mean switch it on and off or something so it’s identified?

The problem with this is if it’s a ZigBee specific suggestion, then the interface is generally not able to be customised for each binding.

What exactly do you mean by “ping light”? Do you mean switch it on and off or something so it’s identified?

Yes, perhaps this could be implemented at discovery then - knowing it’ s a light/dimmer, give the option to send the " ON → OFF" or " 100% → 0%" command ,much like a test print page when installing a printer.

Please feel free to raise an enhancement issue on github and I’ll think about this. ZigBee does have an “identify” command which is used to do things like this, so I could possibly look at doing something in future.