SUN2000-6KTL-L1 Modbus TCP

I have no dongles

I connected data + to port pin 1 and data - to port pin 3 of the signal cable.
Make sure to reboot openhab after every change.
Modbus RTU works certainly.
Show me your config.

I didn’t try with openhab yet, i only tried with qmodmaster, as i don’t have the hardware to connect to openhab.
1 and 2 for my inverter is for cascading multiple inverters, should i connect through these port?

The power meter bus is intended to connect meters, where the inverter acts as Master and interrogates the meters. The inverter as Master is not going to respond to external interrogations from you.

In the other models there is a separate RS485 bus where the inverters role is Slave. Here you attach GSM gateway dongle etc. or indeed directly interrogate from openHAB.
That risks a clash as both dongle-gateway and openHAB want to Master and it won’t work (hence “remove the dongle” advice).

The supposition is that your model still has that RS485 bus but internally links it to a WiFi dongle.

EDIT - you’ve actually got multiple inverters, have you linked them (or intend to)?

You have to use pin 1 485B1 - and 2 485A1 +.

No, i don’t want to link them, as they work on different POD, but i would like to read from them to openhab.
COM 1-2 is working with qmodmaster, thank you @rossko57 and @Rado1
So this could be an option, but i have to see if i can put them on the same bus or if they then try to work together …
I would also therefore prefer to use the MODBUS TCP connection, just (but this seems to be very complicated) have to get around the id=0 “limitation”.

The problem you’re up against is that messages from a slave with id=0 are simply outside Modbus protocol. Even if the binding was rigged to accept them, something like a TCP-RTU gateway could legitimately just toss them away.
Trying to buck the standard will go wrong sooner or later.

I dont have 2 inverters but i can confirm you can read the powermeter and battery with the cable connected to pin 1 and 2.(1 and 2 is the same as with my inverter 1 and 3 in the manual)
Modbus TCP can be simple just buy the SDongleA-05.

If i could adapt the MODBUS binding to accept that, i wouldn’t need any gateways or additional wiring, so this would be the preferred way to go.
Can you give me a starting point maybe?

I don’t see anywhere it is compatible with … -L1, just …-M0
Are you sure it will work?

Omvormer model
SUN2000-2/3/3.68/4/4.6/5/6KTL-L1
SUN2000-3/4/5/6/8/10KTL-M0
SUN2000-12/15/17/20KTL-M0

What does that mean, did i something wrong?

No i posted the wrong specs and removed Them.

Ok, i thought you wrote that :slight_smile:
Good to know it is compatible, thank you!
I only found the old specs.

I’d however try to get it working without these, as they have a certain cost.
Maybe I’ll find a way that will help others, too.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.