Sunrise/Sunset Rule

That’s good. It really isn’t clear to many.

What is the state of play now? If neither rule works, that would be two separate not-workings.
How are you determining not-working, lack of commands in events.log I suppose.
You already know to look for the events in events.log, what’s there now?
It takes half a day for the events to roll around, obviously.

I am hesitant to recommend this as it seems like the suggested cure all for all things evil in openHAB without any reason, but it is possible that if you stop, clear the cache, and restart you may have better luck. I’ve personally seen some odd things using the astro binding that were fixed with that. Ignore this if you’ve already tried it.

I actually have no idea if @JimH’s rule works, but I don’t really care about it (yet). It;s the rule that I started with on this thread that does not work, and I care about getting to work.

That and the fact that the light is not on after Civil Sunset (19h45).

This rule has been in place for 3 days now, and has not worked on any of those days.

Okay, at least one rule wasn’t going to work due to typo until more recently. Don’t despair :smiley:

I just had a look at my own event triggered sunrise/sunset rules.

rule "sunrise"
    when
        Channel 'astro:sun:thissite:rise#event' triggered START
    then

No surprises there. Why not set up another pair of rules on simple sun rise/set events, just in case something screwy about civilDawn (you’ve seen civilDusk works fine).

Hi there,

I don’t know if that solves your problem, but I’m using very successfully the time of day pattern

So this randomly started working this week. I was waiting to get some time to dive into it and then I noticed the light turned at sunset. I don’t know what changed, and I really don’t like it when things like this sort fix themselves. There it is.

Thanks everyone for the help! I am sure as go deeper down this rabbit hole you will see me on here again :smiley:

Hi Lutiana,

just in the case you want a more customizable solution and if you want to modify your switching times over the UI, you can try this solution: https://community.openhab.org/t/sitemap-configurable-timer-and-astrotimer-timeclock-astrotimeclock/86813