Support for more Mi-Home Aqara items

(Kim Skatun) #61

@wars how is the response time of the Home Aqara Human Body Sensor ? the phillips hue motion sensor only get feedback every 1s which is to slow for bathroom light.

Is it possible to install the binding git? Because it does not show up in paper UI?

(Brian M. Pedersen) #62

I think there are some hack you can use, I found this one and almost got it to work:

though this you can stream from the camera without using the cloud. I think you can find hacks for most of the xiaomi cameras.

(Thomas Binder) #63

It’s nearly realtime I guess. Depending on the network latencies…

(Ward) #64

I use it for my light in basement & storage room and for me the sensor reacts almost realtime.
When the lights turnoff after my predefined time, they doesn’t go on immediately when I’m still in the same room. But I didn’t took the time to find out why.

(Thomas Binder) #65

The sensor has an internal timer (3min default, if I remember correctly). The sensor works this way:

• Sending ON at first movement
  • Waiting interval (regardless what happens)
  • Sending OFF after interval
  • Sending ON with next movement
  • repeat

So you have to use some kind of logic, which turns your light off with a delay. I use the sensor ON to trigger my item and oignore the OFF. the item itself had an expire set to 10min. In my case, this is sufficient to trigger movement until nobody is in the room. You have to find your settings depending on your room, the sensor’s location and how you use the room.