Support openHAB through Amazon Smile!

All,

As the openHAB Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation (registered in Germany), we are eligible for Amazon Smile! This means that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your qualified purchases to the openHAB Foundation (without any additional costs for you).

If you like to support the openHAB Foundation, please consider using smile.amazon.de (instead of the normal www.amazon.de) - it will be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kai

20 Likes

Cool, what about other International users? U.S. supporters don’t usually read German…

I am afraid that this is only available on Amazon Germany - I assume that Amazon has different lists of eligible charity organisations per country. Checking amazon.com gives me:

That is great :slight_smile:

Here in the states I use smile.amazon.com i even have a chrome extension to make sure i ALWAYS get routed to smile. I have the ronald mcdonald house kids charity as mine.

The extension is here. http://www.smilealways.io/
I am not affiliated with them in any way, nor do i know if it will work outside the states but if it does. Might help the project along :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for the hint! I just installed the extension and it seems to work as expected for Germany as well :+1:

Small update: From Dec 1 to Dec 24, Amazon triples the amount that is given to the supported organisation to be 1.5% - so please make sure to use Amazon Smile if you are shopping anyhow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know, because Amazon itself still states 0.5% if I follow your link :wink:

“Amazon sammelt 0,5 % des Preises…”

Here’s the official statement from Amazon:

AmazonSmile ist ein Jahr alt geworden und wir möchten uns bei allen teilnehmenden Organisationen mit einer Aktion bedanken: Im Zeitraum vom 1. bis einschließlich 24. Dezember 2017 unterstützt Amazon teilnehmende, soziale Organisationen mit 1,5% statt der üblichen 0,5% des Preises der qualifizierten Einkäufe, die Kunden bei smile.amazon.de tätigen.* Wie gewohnt fallen keine Kosten für Kunden oder Organisationen an.

FYI:

AmazonSmile erhöht ab heute bis einschließlich Freitag, 2.11., den Anteil auf 5%
(10x so viel wie gewöhnlich)

So if you do any shopping this week on Amazon, make sure to use smile.amazon.de and have the openHAB Foundation benefit from it!

4 Likes

BUMP for any new users not aware of this. :grinning:

5 Likes

Why not pinning this topic to the top. It costs the user nothing, but he can support the foundation quite easy. My guess is, that most of the users here order a lot of stuff through amazon. I didnt know, that it is that easy. Thanks for the link.

3 Likes

Another order via smile done! :slight_smile:

Btw @Kai, announce info like this one whenever is available - I know that isn’t not now, but in the future :wink:

1 Like

easy way to support openHAB ! :+1:
(… doing it regulary)

1 Like

I did check today and couldn’t find it!
It was on Amazon Smile, @BigMountainSki when was the last time you supported the foundation that way. Could it be the support was limited in time?

You need to go to
https://smile.amazon.de
and then choose the openHAB Foundation via “Mein AmazonSmile”:

grafik

1 Like

:slight_smile:Ups​:slight_smile:

Just a reminder with Black Friday coming up…

3 Likes