Switch position and temperature on graph

I’m collecting data from my HeatPump and trying to analyze it. I want to make a graph with outside temperature, outside injection temperature, HP output water temperature and correlate it with HP compressor ON/OFF (switch item).
I put all items into same group (logging everything in Influxdb and rrd4j), but it doesn’t show it.
What is the best way to show it? Should I rather use Grafana?

I’d recommend using Grafana. You will have a lot more control over the look and be able to use a separate Y-axis for the switches. I assume you’ve seen the tutorial.

With the default charting servlet your ON/OFF switch will be plotted on the same scale as your temperatures so will likely be unable see the difference between 0/OFF and 1/ON on a scale that goes to 38 C (100 F) on the chart.

I do something similar, charting the inside temperatures of the three floors of my house with the outside temperature and the on/off state of my house fan and heater. It works great in Grafana.

I’d second that. Grafana is really great and is getting better constantly. Just the other day they released version 4.0.

Thank you. I installed it by recommended tutorial (Grafana 4.01 for RPi from https://github.com/fg2it/grafana-on-raspberry ).
This is my first dashboard.

1 Like

I think its also worth mentioning HABPanel here as well. easy setup through the gui and can create some really impressive graphs as well ( Dynamic Graphs with two different y scales etc. And defiantly easier to install-