Synchronize Z-Wave network via schedule?

I don’t even see the command here to sync the network - it’s not being sent.

There are only a couple of commands that will cause the network to reinitialise - inclusion timer, security key, and serial port. From this it seems you have updated the security key and that the likely restart trigger.

I’m not really sure what command you want to send? In this log, it doesn’t seem that ANY commands are sent to the serial port since the config update triggers a reinitialisation.

Is there particular text I can search on? I tried to grep synchronize and nothing showed up. In the UI, I set heal to disabled, pressed Save, then clicked Synchronize Network.

What I am looking for is a way to make sure the nodes on my network don’t all go into an offline state. This is in a house 1100 miles away and I just use OH to turn the lights on and off in the evening. I don’t want to have to be checking this every day to see if the light switches are online!

Thanks

As @robmac has already said, the network synchronisation will not do what you are wanting to do. It is used to synchronise controllers when there are multiple controllers in the network and you have an SIS.

I’ve not followed all of this thread, but you really should try to work out what is causing things to go offline, and resolve that (as also said by @robmac and @rpwong :slight_smile: ).

You also don’t say what version of OH you have - or at least I don’t see it from a quick scan? I’m just wondering if it’s an old one that doesn’t ignore config that hasn’t changed and this is why the network is reinitialising…

OH 3.0.1 is what I am using, running on a Pi with an Aeotec Z-stick, v1 or v2 I can’t recall. All I can surmise is that the 2am heal causes things to go offline, since that generated the messages I posted earlier in the thread. And even if synchronize is not what I need, it works and brings everything back online.

Then as @robmac also said - disable it :slight_smile:

You are sending the synchronise command - you are just restarting the binding.

@chris, does this sound at all similar to the thread where a light kept turning on around 2:30am? I recall reading that turning off the network heal also stopped that from happening.

No - I don’t think so. In that thread, I think everything was working ok (if I remember correctly), but a light turned on during the heal. Someone said that this light has problems and has been experienced with other hubs (including Vera for example) so I don’t think it’s related. The binding was not sending any command to turn the light on - it was probably caused by a software issue in the bulb causing a reset, and when these bulbs reset, they come back with the light on.

1 Like

I have it disabled and will report back in 24 hours!

There does appear to be a theme with certain sticks during high traffic levels but as so little has changed in the binding and many sticks do not have the issue possibly there is an issue with the way v3 handles older serial drivers.

Could this be an issue with some older USB drivers and Java 11?

This stick has never been great with OH. With the prior version, it would frequently go offline and I would have to unplug it to get going again. I was running OH on Synology at the time, so that might have been a related issue. I was happy to see OH3 at the end of last year and installed it on a Pi, with the same stick. The offline issues have not re-occurred, but the issue of all nodes going offline have persisted. I still have an ongoing problem where OH does not pick up humidity from my CT80 thermostat, whereas other software does, but I don’t think that is a stick issue.

Pure speculation that the issue is the older sticks/drivers but if you only have a few nodes a UZB3 or ZOOZ(US only) are not massively expensive.

1 Like

Well, it’s been over 24 hours and everything is still online, so I am assuming at this point that disabling network heal was the solution.

1 Like