Synology DiskStation

Just now i try install OpenHAB-2.1.0.003-SNAPSHOT-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.001.spk - no dirs at all after install.
Then i
copy this file to/volume1/public/ so you have a files /volume1/public/openhab-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
but this doesnt help - what should i do now?

did you copy the file to /volume1/public/ before you installed the OpenHAB-2.1.0.003-SNAPSHOT-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.001.spk?

yes

yes, looks like we are 2 with the same problem!

strange try this spk… it should be the same as the 003 … but i altered the 002 with the 003 alterations before the 003 was made available and i used it to install my version just tonight.

remove the .pdf from the file name

OpenHAB-2.1.0.002-SNAPSHOT-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.003.spk.pdf (65.5 KB)

Wow, its installed, trying to start it…
@HolgerL - Yes, you right :slight_smile:

aha, this makes a difference in the intallation:

but it still does not work
The protocol now shows something:

Did you install java8?

Yes, OH2 is started ok, thank you @levers
@HolgerL - your problem is in Framework and you CPU - i see it here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-syno-spk/issues/52#issuecomment-285145191

oke thank for the feedback… now I’m curious what is different between the 2 spk files.

I reinstalled Java 8 JRE, but still the same issue.

It looks like a Java issue?
But Java is installed and running:

seems to be the same as this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4977?jql=project%20%3D%20KARAF
And now? wait until it is solved?

Look at link in my previous post.

" I too got the karaf error until I switched Java to a hard float version. "

I don’t know what is it, but you should try.
Best regards.

Hi, can you please describe your upgrade?
You allready have OH2installed and place zip file in “public” and install spk file from dsm package center?
Is all settings were saved?
How to update bindings?

yes, I looke into your link… the issue there was something with “Permission denied”, but I dont get that.

Can you post a link to the Java version you installed? Is that the “hard float version” ?

Sorry, i have not that error, i only point you to that conversation.

I found the following explenation:
Hard floats use an on-chip floating point unit. Soft floats emulate one in software. The difference is speed.
Ok, but then both variants should work!?
:rolling_eyes:

Upgrading is a bid the same as installing… Place the zip in the public en run it.
The installer script will move the old openHAB2 folder to openHAB2-bakcup_DATETIME and then install openHAB2 in a new openHAB2 folder. afterwards the script should copy the userdata folder from the bakcup to the new openHAB2 directory.
But that failed for me. so i did the copy myself and after that did a chown -hR openhab2:users openHAB2 and chmod -R u+w openHAB2/userdata
(i think the failing is because the scrip does a copy with -avr and i think the -v is giving problems, but that i have to try with the next upgrade :slight_smile:

In all upgrading is nothing more than replacing the runtime folder with a new folder.

If you have 7zip open the spk file go to the script folder and open installer.sh. search for the postupgrade() and look wat it is doing.