Synology DiskStation

Itā€™s probably something very simple, but I canā€™t seem to find the right folder to put all the cfg stuff.
Any advice would be gratefully received! :smile:

Hi,
When the last package.spk want to install 1.7.1 on my Synology 213 (5.2), I have this message: ā€œInvalid Formatā€.
I do not understand!!!

1.6.1 The package is the latest version that I can install a manual.

How to install the latest version OpenHab (1.7.1), and then how to do a version upgrade?

Thank you

If you have installed a previous version of Openhab on your Synology it is easy to upgrade.
Download from the website the latest version and unpack this.
Download WINSCP (Windows) and make an ssh connection to your Synology. Make sure you have switched on the ssh service on your Synology.

Choose your Synology IP and port 22. Username = root and your admin password of your Synology.
When you have a connection search for the directory @appstore. You can find this in your main directory.

Find in the @appstore the map OpenHAB. Make from the openHAB directory a backup from your configfiles (OpenHAB/Configurations).

Now you can copy your downloaded and extracted OpenHAB version to @appstore/OpenHAB.
Make sure you do not delete all the files before copying because you remove the startup script for the Synology.

Restart openhab from the package center on the Synology.

thank you, iā€™ll try it

faber

I have this working now. The configuration and addon folder is in @appstore/openhab folder. I transferred demo, addons from openhab github. I have habmin working as well by manually transferring habmin to webapps folder and habmin and zwave addons to the @appstore/openhab folder. Just wanted to document that here for future users.

Now the fun (or pain) begins getting openhab to work for me. The demo is absolutely useless and does nothing for me. I know it will be worth the pain !!!

Hiya.
I had a lot of trouble getting Astro binding times and chart timescales working, despite setting the timezone within the server etc.
Eventually I discovered that I needed to add -Duser.timezone=*Country*/*City* to the PROGRAM="java... line in the start_runtime.sh script in /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB.
Now I have the correct timings for Sunrise etc from Astro binding, as well as the correct times on the chart legends.
Hope this helps anyone else seeing this problem!
:smile:

Hey Christian,

Iā€™m struggling with the installation of OpenHAB on my Synology NAS (DS213).

Iā€™ve seen that others have the same problem that I have (https://github.com/cniweb/openhab-syno-spk/issues/2), do you know whatā€™s causing this?

It would be great if you could help hereā€¦ thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

I have no idea what should be wrong. Have already checked everything.

Here are the wiki-page from Synology:
http://forum.synology.com/MediaWiki/index.php?title=Synology_package_files

Maybe someone else has another idea, which on the package could still be wrong?

Thanks,
Christian

1 Like

I donā€™t know if this is relevant, but I had this problem installing using Chrome browser, but same package installed fine using operaā€¦

I success in installing the SPK to my SYNOLOGY 1515+. I just repack the spk file to a TAR file that I renamed SPK.

But it seems that the installer.sh script in not runā€¦ The setup didnā€™t use time to download the openhab distribution filesā€¦

Hi,

OK, i fix my packages, you can now download it:

Regards,
Chris

It works with the last package. Thanks

1 Like

I have a trouble with the Synology Package 1.7.1 (and probably the older).
The date time displayed by openHAB are not the good one. They are UTC time,
Iā€™m in France. Timezone is Europe\Amsterdam.
Then the date time must be UTC +2

I saw that the /var/packages/OpenHAB/scripts/start-stop-status.sh script try to set the TZ in the file /var/services/homes/openhab/.profile

But the generated result line is :
export TZ=ā€™ā€™
=>There is no timezone.

The update of the .profile TZ is done by these commands :

SYNO_TZ=cat /etc/synoinfo.conf | grep timezone | cut -f2 -d'"'
SYNO_TZ=grep "^${SYNO_TZ}" /usr/share/zoneinfo/Timezone/tzname | sed -e "s/^.*= //"
grep ā€œ^export TZā€ ${DAEMON_HOME}/.profile > /dev/null
&& sed -i ā€œs%^export TZ=.*$%export TZ=ā€™${SYNO_TZ}ā€™%ā€ ${DAEMON_HOME}/.profile
|| echo export TZ=ā€™${SYNO_TZ}ā€™ >> ${DAEMON_HOME}/.profile

Iā€™m not a linux expert to undestand but it seems that something do not the job.

As a workaround, I commented the both line and I set
export TZ=ā€˜Europe\Amsterdamā€™
in the .profile file and I get the good date/time.

Can an expert check the command line to update the .profile ?
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, this worked for me, except I had to use:

-Duser.timezone=*Continent*/*City*

e.g:

-Duser.timezone=Europe/Madrid

Synology 214play, ohab 1.8.
I have this error on startup, but all settings from cfg file is applied:

2015-10-15 20:43:16.895 [ERROR] [o.config.core.ConfigDispatcher] - Main openHAB configuration file 'configurations/openhab.cfg' cannot be read.
ava.io.IOException: No such file or directory
       at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
       at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1006) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.ConfigurationStore.writeConfigurationFile(ConfigurationStore.java:112) ~[na:na]
       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.ConfigurationStore$1.run(ConfigurationStore.java:99) ~[na:na]
       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) [na:1.7.0_79]
       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.ConfigurationStore.saveConfiguration(ConfigurationStore.java:97) ~[na:na]
       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.ConfigurationImpl.update(ConfigurationImpl.java:255) ~[na:na]
       at org.openhab.config.core.ConfigDispatcher.processConfigFile(ConfigDispatcher.java:212) [org.openhab.config.core_1.8.0.201510100138.jar:n
]
       at org.openhab.config.core.ConfigDispatcher.initializeMainConfiguration(ConfigDispatcher.java:169) [org.openhab.config.core_1.8.0.20151010
138.jar:na]
       at org.openhab.config.core.ConfigDispatcher.initializeBundleConfigurations(ConfigDispatcher.java:139) [org.openhab.config.core_1.8.0.20151
100138.jar:na]
       at org.openhab.config.core.ConfigDispatcher.activate(ConfigDispatcher.java:99) [org.openhab.config.core_1.8.0.201510100138.jar:na]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponent.activate(ServiceComponent.java:235) [org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.1.v20120926-2013
0.jar:na]
       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.activate(ServiceComponentProp.java:146) [org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.1.v20120
26-201320.jar:na]
       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.build(ServiceComponentProp.java:345) [org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.1.v20120926

I try to chown but this doesnt help:

chown -R openhab:users /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/

Do anybody have this error?

Your configuration file should be at /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations. Did you install the openhab demo package for synology?

Yes, OH at this path.
I use OH since v1.5 on Synology, and that error appear from v1.7.

Did you try:

chown -R openhab.users /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations

?

Just now tried that - doesnā€™t help.