System data of RaspberryPI on UI

Hello,

I’m running OpenHAB on a RaspberryPI model 3B.

I’d like to see some ‘system data’ like CPU-load, memory, ect. available on the UI.

Does somebody knows if/how this is possible?

Thanks!

Regards Jaco

Something like:

• Operating system name, version and manufacturer;
  • CPU average recent load and load for last 1, 5, 15 minutes, name, description, number of physical and logical cores, running threads number, system uptime;
  • Free, total and available memory;
  • Free, total and available swap memory;
  • Hard drive name, model and serial number;
  • Free, total, available storage space and storage type (NTSFS, FAT32 …);
  • Battery information - estimated remaining time, capacity, name;
  • Sensors information - CPU voltage and temperature, fan speeds;
  • Display information;
  • Network IP,name and adapter name, mac, data sent and received, packages sent and received;
    Process information - size of RAM memory used, CPU load, process name, path, number of threads.

If yes, look into System Info binding, I just copied the above from the documentation of the OH2 version of it. :blush:

I am using the above mentioned System Info Binding on a Raspberry 3 Installation and it is working fine.
Not all values are available, but i think it could suit your needs, if you want to Display some basic information about the pi’s status.

YES I got it working…

After hours of struggling, I found the solution for my problem. Off course the solution is more simpler than I could emagine;

To use the SystemInfo binding for a RespberryPi 3B, place the binding-file in the addon-folder, set the following settings in the openhab.cfg-file:

############################### Systeminfo Binding ####################################
#
# Interval in milliseconds when to find new refresh candidates
# (optional, defaults to 1000)
#systeminfo:granularity=

# Data Storage Unit, where B=Bytes, K=kB, M=MB, T=TB (optional, defaults to M)
#systeminfo:units=

# New as of 1.9:
# Alternative native library to load (required for ARM/Linux or custom, not required
# for standard platforms). Choices for ARM/Linux are cubian, odroid-u3 or raspbian.
# Results in loading library having the name [lib]sigar-<variant>[.so|.sl|.dll|.dylib]
systeminfo:variant=raspbian

Reboot… create items… and you’re ready.

Regards Jaco

Hey, everyone. Is it possible to use this binding to get the CPU temperature? If not, are there other ways to do it?

Thanks!

In the readme, it says that cpuTemp is supported: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/systeminfo/readme.html

You could try the SNMP Binding: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/snmp1/readme.html

Or you can use the exec binding to read out the current system values…

Additional information: Reading Raspberry Pi CPU temp with Exec binding

For GPU temp, I use this:

Number 		System_Openhab_TemperatureGPU 					"GPU Temperatur [%.1f \u00B0C]" 					<temperature> 			(System_Openhab_TemperatureChart) 					{ exec="<[/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp:60000:REGEX(temp=(.*?)'C)]" }

Hi, Eduardo,

I am sorry, but the binding currently doesn’t return values for CPU temperature of Raspberry Pis. This problem is caused by the underlying library used to read those values. There is already a fix in that library available, but not released. So with the next release of the library this issue can be closed. Read issue 1324 for more info.

Great! thanks for your response, cweitkamp! I am looking forward to get that release. Regards!

Is this still relevant? I see in the binding documentation that config is not needed so I am little confused.

Thx

In systeminfo.things:
systeminfo:computer:RPi [interval_high=3, interval_medium=60]

The item:
Number SY_Sensor_CPUTemp "CPU Temperatuur [%.1f °C]" { channel="systeminfo:computer:RPi:sensors#cpuTemp" }

This returns the CPU-temp on my RaspberryPi 3B

Regards

not applicable for systeminfo 2.x (https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/systeminfo/)
applicable for legacy systeminfo 1.x (https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/systeminfo1/)