System data RaspberryPI 3B

I spend almost two evenings of trying and Googling to get the SystemInfo working for my RaspberryPi 3B, but unfortunately I didn’t succeeded yet.
Maybe my English is nood good enough, but what I understand from https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/wiki/Systeminfo-Binding, the only thing that has to be done is placing the “org.openhab.binding.systeminfo-1.9.0.jar-file” in the Addons-folder of OpenHAB.

After that I’d add some ‘testlines’ inside of my Binding-file:

Number cpuUser  "CPU user [%.1f]"   (gGF_LVNGRM) { systeminfo="CpuUser:5000" }
Number memUsed  "Mem used [%.1f]"   (gGF_LVNGRM) { systeminfo="MemUsed:5000" }
Number memFreePercentPeriod "MemFree chart selected [%.1f]" (gGF_LVNGRM)
Number memFreePercent   	"Mem free [%.1f%%]" (gGF_LVNGRM) { systeminfo="MemFreePercent:5000" }
Number memUsedPercent   	"Mem used [%.1f%%]" (gGF_LVNGRM) { systeminfo="MemUsedPercent:5000" }
Number memActualFree    	"Mem actual free [%.1f]"    (gGF_LVNGRM) { systeminfo="MemActualFree:5000" }
Number memActualUsed    	"Mem actual used [%.1f]"    (gGF_LVNGRM) { systeminfo="MemActualUsed:5000" }
Number memTotal 			"Mem total [%.1f]"  (gGF_LVNGRM) { systeminfo="MemTotal:5000" }

When I reboot the RPi, I don’t get any information displayed. When I look into the ‘openhab.log’-file, I can see the next lines displayed continuously:

2017-03-21 20:14:59.537 [ERROR] [b.s.internal.SysteminfoBinding] - Error occured while reading KPI's
org.hyperic.sigar.SigarException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.gather(Lorg/hyperic/sigar/Sigar;)V
	at org.hyperic.sigar.SigarProxyCache.invoke(SigarProxyCache.java:220) ~[sigar.jar:na]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy72.getMem(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
	at org.openhab.binding.systeminfo.internal.SysteminfoBinding.getData(SysteminfoBinding.java:171) [bundlefile:na]
	at org.openhab.binding.systeminfo.internal.SysteminfoBinding.execute(SysteminfoBinding.java:108) [bundlefile:na]
	at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:156) [org.openhab.core_1.8.3.jar:na]
	at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:173) [org.openhab.core_1.8.3.jar:na]

Does anybody has an idea what can cause this problem?

Regards, Jaco

1 Like

YES I got it working…

After hours of struggling, I found the solution for my problem. Off course the solution is more simpler than I could emagine;

To use the SystemInfo binding for a RespberryPi 3B, place the binding-file in the addon-folder, set the following settings in the openhab.cfg-file:

############################### Systeminfo Binding ####################################
#
# Interval in milliseconds when to find new refresh candidates
# (optional, defaults to 1000)
#systeminfo:granularity=

# Data Storage Unit, where B=Bytes, K=kB, M=MB, T=TB (optional, defaults to M)
#systeminfo:units=

# New as of 1.9:
# Alternative native library to load (required for ARM/Linux or custom, not required
# for standard platforms). Choices for ARM/Linux are cubian, odroid-u3 or raspbian.
# Results in loading library having the name [lib]sigar-<variant>[.so|.sl|.dll|.dylib]
systeminfo:variant=raspbian

Reboot… create items… and you’re ready.

Regards Jaco