System seems to be constantly restarting

Most of the times I had those issues were with cheap Chinese devices. Excluding was not enough to work.

Hi Scott,

I was getting device initialising messages up the ying yang. I’ve burned the thiong down. So… Now it’s not doing anything. I am restoring nodes, items and rules using a phased approach. I am hoping that this will illuminate the problem.

Thanks.
Wes

In your openhab.log, do you see log messages every 60s about the serial transport and any binding that depends on it, like zwave, restarting?

Hi Scott,

Not now. All seems fine since I have only 4 nodes in the network right now.

Thanks.
Wes

Added 30 or so nodes. Worked great for a few days. Now have all of the same problems.

Polling deferred until initialisation complete. Send a command to turn lights on and in about a minute they start comiong on, etc. I’ve attached the log. Should I start removing nodes. Is there some kind of zwave network analyser I can get?

debug.txt (238.6 KB)

Battery operated nodes? They need to be woken up many timed until binding discovery is complete. It that does not complete, you see errors like you stated.
You may want to delete those Things from OH (NOT exclude) and rediscover & add them one at a time, making sure discovery is complete before adding another.

Hi Bruce,

I have been having a world of trouble.

Reduced my zwave network down. Have not included any battery powered
nodes whatsoever.

Thanks very much.

Wes