SystemInfo Binding: Logging

Hey all,

I use the systeminfo binding (org.openhab.binding.systeminfo), which is very useful for status logs and information about the system.
But the thing is, my logfile gets dramatically trashed by a new log every seconds.

I would like to change the logging setting of this binding, BUT the way via the karaf console doesnt work. And i dont know why.

the following entry

log:set WARN org.openhab.binding.systeminfo

ends up with no result.
Can you tell me why?

From the Docs:

“The configuration of the Thing gives the user the possibility to update channels at different intervals.
The thing has two configuration parameters:
•interval_high - refresh interval in seconds for channels with ‘High’ priority configuration. Default value is 1 s.
•interval_medium - refresh interval in seconds for channels with ‘Medium’ priority configuration. Default value is 60s.”

I bet you have set it to “high”

2 Likes

Hi Opus!

Thanks man, this information helped me to change the seetings and to change the behavior of the binding. My log entries are reduced dramatically.

But anyway, or maybe I think wrong?

The change of the logging setting should have a higher priority (or should at least change the logging behavior) of the binding, doenst matter what the setting of the binding is (in this case high or low), or do i think wrong?

You can also filter the event log:

Just did it for the system binding and it works a treat. Scroll down for the solution for several filters

The change of the Intervals is more a config then a logging setting. It sets the Intervals at which new data is polled, each of those events need to be logged somehow. I am not sure if you can switch that off anyhow.