SystemInfo - Refresh Items Manually

Hi,

I installed systeminfo Binding. Channels with priority set to ‘Low’ are updated only at initialization or at Refresh command.

How can I manually initiate a refresh command? Say with rule once every 15min.

Regards
Ralf

rule "refresh"
when
    Time cron "0 */15 * * * ? *"
then
    //your refresh command here
    myItem.sendCommand(REFRESH)
end

EDIT: added the refresh comment by rossko57 below. Try the rule and see if REFRESH works on the SystemInfo binding. If not maybe there is a workaround.

Some bindings implement openHAB’s REFRESH command. (Some don’t)

myItem.sendCommand(REFRESH)

Hello,

thanks guys. How to write a rule which runs every 15min is clear to me. The refresh part is what I dont know.

This is not working:

rule "refresh"
when
    Time cron "*/10 * * * * ? *"
then
    Storage_Used_Percent.sendCommand(REFRESH)
end
15:34:10.406 [ERROR] [untime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule 'refresh': The name 'REFRESH' cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 5, column 38, length 7

Would using the channel ID load15 work for what your wanting to do?

Example:

Number CPU_Load5                    { channel="systeminfo:computer:work:cpu#load15" }

Could try this

Haa, @rossko57 I was just looking at that post.:laughing: and this one about using JS transformation.

Looks like using “” should work though,:crossed_fingers: Should work hopefully.:grinning:

This appears to be the “most correct” way for now

myItem.sendCommand( RefreshType.REFRESH )

There is actually an issue open to get the simple form working, but this isn’t a priority

1 Like

I’m using the command
myItem.sendCommand("REFRESH")
For all my items imported via amazonechocontrol Binding and with a Cron based 10sec it works nice.

The only problem is that this refresh is also resetting the expire function at each run and the item never expire.