Tagging devices for Alexa Support

I’ve been reading about getting OH devices integrated with Alexa and the fact that all items have to be “tagged” in your .items file.

The problem I’m having is that my .devices file is empty apart from a couple of things I’ve added manually. The other things and items I have were added via the Zigbee binding.

Can anyone tell me the solution to this, please?

So far the only way to add tags to items created with PaperUI is to use the REST API:

Morning! I was lost about that some weeks ago, i have some SonOFF tasmotas basically lights, conected via MQTT. What i did was:

Switch F2_Wardrobe_Light        "Armario"   <Light> {channel="mqtt:topic:23981f9f:Tamosta6_Switch", alexa="PowerController.powerState"}
Switch GF_Boiler_Power          "Bomba"     <Light> {channel="mqtt:topic:cc70be1d:Tasmota3_Switch", alexa="PowerController.powerState"}
Switch OU_FrontYard_Light       "Jardin"    <Light> {channel="mqtt:topic:658b4c37:Tasmota1_Switch", alexa="PowerController.powerState"}
Switch OU_FrontYard_Light_Pool  "Piscina"   <Light> {channel="mqtt:topic:34772baf:Tasmota4_Switch", alexa="PowerController.powerState"}
Switch GF_LivingRoom_Light      "Salon"     <Light> {channel="mqtt:topic:fd509a07:Tamosta8_Switch", alexa="PowerController.powerState"}
Switch GF_Terrace_Light         "Terraza"   <Light> {channel="mqtt:topic:72c7e8e9:Tasmota5_Switch", alexa="PowerController.powerState"}
  • Open Alexa app on your device and look for new devices, the all pop up there, once you discover them you can rename them on the app foe the usual “alexa turn on item”

Im not sure if is the proper way to do it but i works for me.

:grin:

Cheers for the answers guys. I followed the instructions for the REST API. Apart from it appearing under User Interfaces rather than Misc, that worked. I added one bulb and the temperature item for a motion sensor. Just tried turning the light on with Alexa. I can see the state change in the logs on OH but it isn’t actually coming on:

“Item ‘OfficeBulb’ received command ON”

Works from HABPanel though so something isn’t quite right.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.