[TapoControl] - Control Tapo Smart WiFi-Devices with Openhab - Official Support Thread

Just ensure the old file is deleted an add the new one again. How did you add the device? Manually or with discovery? In both cases it should be a P105 Thing Type which will be added.

Hi.

the Tapo L920 can change the colors segment by segment. The L900 can’t do that. There it is the complete LED strip in one color. How should I adjust the RGB colors or the brightness?

I am not very clear what to give you.

@Kaoth
Hi Marcus, if normal color changes did work, i need only the “lightning effects”
Enable a light effect with Tapo-App and write down the selected effect settings and the log from device. Then change the effect and do it again.
I dont know what effects are available and how they can be cunstomized or if there are custom effects.

I’m happy to report that since I’ve installed the latest version of the binding I’ve no longer experienced any of the problems I had previously. But now I have these errors in the log whenever I restart OH:

2021-11-08 08:55:31.228 [ERROR] [l.structures.TapoBridgeConfiguration] - tapocontrol:bridge:2a2ef37a29 error reading configuration: 'null'
2021-11-08 08:55:31.287 [ERROR] [l.structures.TapoBridgeConfiguration] - tapocontrol:bridge:2a2ef37a29 error reading configuration: 'null'

There is no visible impact, only these error messages

I’m happy to hear that. I think the bridge is initializing to fast at the beginnig.
Maybe i can track that but i think thats not so important.

Uploaded a new version where a L900 LightStrip is basicly supported (Only like a color-bulb).
Waiting for a debug-response of Marcus in hope to get the effects working. But sure this will be easyer and saver with such a device.

Hello,

Sorry, haven’t had time yet. I guess you mean these effects.

I have to see that I try the days to find out what is in the log.

I know the “time-problem” very well. :sweat_smile:

Yes this should be the basic effects. This would be the “first” fx-steps.
It seems that there are custom effects (or maybe settings for the effects you show?) where named like “color_temp_range” or “display_colors”.

Hey i just wanted to updat to the newest version of your binding today, as i recently bought 4 more P100’s.
I previously ran the version without the bridge.
With the newest version i the bridge goes very successful either from .thing file and via UI but the connection to the P100 won’t work it always says in the Log’s:

changed from UNKNOWN: Login Error to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Login Error

I am running Openhab 3.1.0 and the tapocontrol-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT is there anything i am missing?
All of the P100’s are correctly discovered in the UI.

Hello,
did you add de things the discovered things or did you add them manually?
If you updated from the non-bridge version you have to delete the old things and add them again.
If you added them with things file you have to add the bridge and also add the bridge ID in socket thing.
Does your bridge show online?

In OH3.2 version the plugin will be available at the “AP-store” :wink:

Hey yes i updated the .thing file with the bridge in socket and added the bridge.
The bridge goes online when i add them from UI or from .thing file.
When i add the bridge via UI, the sockets are found via discovery. i add them and add the IP dress, but then they say “login ERROR”
I even restarted OH after every change from .thing file to UI

Edit: After updating to OH 3.2.0 M5 the sockets added via UI are now online, but textual things still do not work. The UI says in this case, that there is no Bridge configured.

After viewing the JASON Code in the UI, i see, that the thing added via file has a slightly different structure:

.things file JSON from UI:

UID: tapocontrol:P100:e0bb013d4a:[MAC-Address]
label: Tapo 4
thingTypeUID: tapocontrol:P100
configuration:
  ipAddress: 192.168.19.77
  pollingInterval: 30

UI JSON:

UID: tapocontrol:P100:e0bb013d4a:[MAC-Address]
label: Tapo 3
thingTypeUID: tapocontrol:P100
configuration:
  pollingInterval: 30
  ipAddress: 192.168.19.78
bridgeUID: tapocontrol:bridge:e0bb013d4a

hello, is it possible to add the support for tapo p110 smart plug? the difference is only energy monitoring to tapo p100…

thanks a lot!

Hello,
added P110 and L920 Things to TestFile
Please test it. Only Basic functions were supported
(No energy monitoring for P110 and No LightFX for L920).

@rubenfuser
Did you test it?

Sorry i missed your question. Not yet because i don’t have a tapo device but i’m planning to take one or more to control and monitor energy consumption. For the moment thanks to have added it,i can test it if you can add also power monitoring :blush: thanks a lot for your development of this binding!

@rubenfuser
to implement the energy monitor i need such a device for debugging for myself.
alternatively you can try to debug the communiction for me if you have a device. you have to set the plugin debug-level to “debug” in oh-settings but it’s more difficult to debug it this way for me

Maybe in a couple of weeks i will buy that one for monitoring,and i can provide you eveything you ask/need when you need. I will be at your disposal :wink:

Ok i’ve bought tapo device. In a couple of days i can send you what you need and make some test. Thx!

Hi Trying to use TAPO 3.2 Bindings on OH 3.1 Raspberry PI I can’t configure L530E Bulb. First of all it isn’t added automatically, OH3 never found it.
I connect right to TAPO cloud login but as i try to make an L530 THING I got:

CONFIGURATION_ERROR

found type:‘L530’ with mac:‘B0-A7-B9-73-C7-06’. Check IP-Address

Any Help Appreciated.

Cheers, Eriberto

@Eriberto_de_Munari
Normally the 530 returns his type as " L530E Series".
Looks like you’re device is responding just as L530. Is it a non EU-Version or a special Firmware?
Maybe you can Post a Screenshot of DeviceInfos from your Tapo App

Here it is. And the Item was bought at Amazon. see it there.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers, Eriberto