So, firstly loving Openhab. I have recently discovered Enocean, which is the perfect solution for where I needed to control a Hue dimmer (both brightness and CT) with a wall switch with no neutral wire.
The dongle works fine and I can create a Switch Thing but the Binding creates the channels as type:rockerSwitch. The only available profiles for these are
rawrocker-to-on-offand various others all of which get in the way of the DIR1_PRESSED and DIR1_RELEASED events.
rawrocker-to-on-off only sends one event for each pair of press and release and the other profiles muck about with the raw events even more and put some sort of “interpretation” on them.
What I need is access to the raw events so I can write rules (actually I’m using nodered for most of my rule writing these days). I want to be able to play with single taps, double taps, long press and hold, double tap followed by hold etc etc and so I need to know when the buttons are both pressed and released.
I can’t seem to enable a profile that just passes the events through unmolested. I’ve tried leaving the profile blank but that just means no events come through. I’ve tried using a transform profile but again either that doesn’t work or I’m missing something - probably the latter
Can anyone shed any light on this? At the moment the binding is getting in the way of the information from the switch because it thinks I want up/down or on/off information. I don’t; I’d just like the basic switch events to play with.
Thoughts very gratefully received
- Platform information:
- Hardware: rPi3
- OS: OpenHABian
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version: 2.5.6-2
- Issue of the topic: RockerSwitch profiles are not letting me trap both pressed and released events
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Enocean USB300 dongle on /dev/ttyUSB0
- single Enocean Rocker Switch - a PTM210 using EEP: F6-02-02 configured as a Thing showing two available channels Rocker Switch - Channels A and B