I’m thinking on creating a binding for the Telekom Entertain receiver after completing my binding for the Rachio sprinkler controller.
I already did some basic work could power on/off the receiver and send keys based on a bash script. Using a binding makes it more stable and simplifies the usage for the community.
What are your thoughts? Is there interest for such a binding?
- beta1 is done and merged with the master branch.
- The binding will developed on OH 2.4-SNAPSHOT, runs on OH 2.3-stable and OH 2.2 should not a problem. Maybe you need to install OH/ESH’s UPnP feature (see README)
- The binding supports MR400, 401 and should support MR201 incl. auto-discovery
- MegentaTV (aka EntertainTV) is also supported
- Your t-online credentials could be used to query the required userID from the Telekom platform, otherwise if could be configured manually and get auto-removed from the thing config to respect security aspects
- The binding supports the programEvents and playEvents and maps them to corresponding channels/items
beta2 adds the following features (maybe still under development):
support for multiple MRs within the same network (done, e.g. MR401 as primary and MR201
Improved recovery features, so that the connection gets auto-recovered when MR was disconnected etc. This requires additional development and testing.
The userID query with t-online credentials doesn’t work if you don’t have provisioned e-mail address and just want to use the T-Online “Anschlussnummer” - reported by @ibot1989
UPnP will be used to detect a power-off of the receiver (90% done). The MR only supplies a POWER toggle not a real ON/OFF switch - this is tricky to detect and handle
UPDATE 11/22/2018: New name
Due to the fact that the Telekom renamed their TV service into MagentaTV I renamed the binding to TelekomTV. This ist based on the old one, which is now depricated. You need to remove all existing entertaintv things and, remove the jar from the addons folder and only the new one.
- UPnP will be used to detect a power-off of the receiver (90% done). The MR only supplies a POWER toggle not a real ON/OFF switch - this is tricky to detect and handle
- some re-factoring
Code and documentation could be found on Github: https://github.com/markus7017/org.openhab.binding.telekomtv/blob/beta2
README.md provides information on installation and the various channels.
Make sure to switch to the beta2 branch before downloading. A compiled jar could be found under target.
Any feature requests welcome - you could also open an Issue on GitHub or send me a PM.
Looking forward to any feedback.