package = standard
binding =

Start openhab2

Tellstick bundle install
feature:install openhab-binding-tellstick

I only get 1.9 binding

openhab> bundle:list |grep Tell
149 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201603080213 | openHAB Tellstick Binding

If the put the Tellstick binding 2.0 in the addon i get this error.

09:39:01.587 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/opt/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.tellstick-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tellstick [151]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.http

So are you saying that with the v2 version you don’t get any new items in
the inbox in PaperUI ?
You are aware that the item configuration is really different for OpenHab2
bindings ?
I normally uninstall the v1 version, but it should work anyway.

Jarle

tir. 8. mar. 2016 kl. 21.01 skrev Örjan Backsell <bot@community.openhab.org

No items in inbox.
It wont start the bundle.
When i try to start it it says
149 | Resolved | 80 | 1.9.0.201603080213 | openHAB Tellstick Binding
151 | Installed | 80 | 2.0.0.201602212121 | Tellstick Binding
openhab> start 151
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle151: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tellstick [151]

I have configured telldus-net in my thing file.

I have not used the Inbox, instead I used to have a look in events.log.
This is one of the working frames i have seen there
2016-03-09 03:24:18.064 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Weather_Ground_Temp changed from 7.3 to 7.4

Are there any differences due to look for the info. in Inbox regarding to events.log, I ask just to learn, I am kind of a newbe to openhab/openhab2 ?

So the reason for the non-existing info. is probebly the Item-configuration, I use the very same as for openHAB Tellstick Binding 1.9.0.xx, could you please advice me some info, about the changes. Thank’s in advange!!

//Örjan

If the telldus 2.0 binding has a dependency on this package, this is actually the problem since this package is not available on openHAB 2 (instead, the Jetty HTTP client should be used, see this discussion). I just noticed that the ESH documentation is actually buggy in this respect…

The package becomes available as soon as you install the 1.x compatibility feature, though.

Did a clean OH2 install
startet with package standard in addons.cfg

Installed 1.x compatibility feature “feature:install openhab-runtime-compat1x”

Placed the Tellstick 2.0 jar in addons folder.

got the error again
11:58:30.714 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/opt/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.tellstick-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tellstick [150]

Tried to start it
150 | Installed | 80 | 2.0.0.201602212121 | Tellstick Binding
openhab> start 150
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle150: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tellstick [150]

Still no go

But if i do a clean install and start with demo package in addons.cfg.
It works to put the Tellstick binding 2.0 in the addons folder.
Then it starts an discovers things from my telldus-net.

You can try to enable debug for the tellstick packages.
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.tellstick
then use log:tail to see what is going on.

Great, thanks!
And this is the very same info.as I can see in the ESH console-window during runtime started in ESH, right?
I will do some more tests, with the 2.0…binding, let you know further on

//Örjan

Correct, in the ESH console.

A big step forward is done, Thank’s again!!
So far have I found this info. in the log, when using binding 2.0…
"
16:37:05.927 [DEBUG] [andler.core.TelldusCoreBridgeHandler] - Sensor Event for TellstickSensor [sensorId=167, protocol=fineoffset, model=temperaturehumidity, timeStamp=Wed Mar 09 16:36:17 CET 2016, data={HUMIDITY=65, TEMPERATURE=7.3}] event TellstickSensorEvent [sensorId=167, model=temperaturehumidity, protocol=fineoffset, data=65, timestamp=1457537825000]

16:40:30.254 [DEBUG] [andler.core.TelldusCoreBridgeHandler] - Sensor Event for TellstickSensor [sensorId=11, protocol=mandolyn, model=temperaturehumidity, timeStamp=Wed Mar 09 16:39:30 CET 2016, data={HUMIDITY=30, TEMPERATURE=3.2}] event TellstickSensorEvent [sensorId=11, model=temperaturehumidity, protocol=mandolyn, data=3.1, timestamp=1457538030000]
"
And this must be what I expect the Tellstick DUO to deliver from in this case, 2 different sensors.
So my question now I assume is, where can I find information about the item configuration for OH2 and this binding?

//Örjan

Does this binding work on windows installations too?

Yes, but if you have a basic or duo you need a 32 bit java.

Den tir. 15. mar. 2016, 11:55 skrev Tore Andre Johannessen <
bot@community.openhab.org>:

@Basse_03 did you look in Paper UI, you should see these devices in the inbox.

Yes, I can see the actual devices there, and also in HABMIN.
I have done some struggling with the configuration, but I can even now see them in BasicUI & ClassicUI, so I am pleased.

I can see in HABMIN that the devices(Items in HABMIN), after an SCAN where called names like tellstick_sensor_… in the beginning. I tried to change name of them in the configuration-files but then they will not work( no info. was delivered to Basic/Classic UI. Booth UI,s seems to work but no updating.
Have I done something wrong with the configuration or is this as it should be, no problem for me, just querious?

Another question regarding to “Yes, but if you have a basic or duo you need a 32 bit java.” I am running Linux Mint 17.2 32 bit, is it the very same with java in Linux ‘something’ 64 bit.

//Örjan

You only need 32bit java on Windows :).

You cannot rename the id of things, the name is generated based on the bridge and device.
You can however rename them (the name).

Jarle

Any new news on this binding?

The binding is currently in the pull request queue over here:

@Kai Are openhub2 currently waiting on ES API to catch up before merging of pull requests or is it just lack of maintainers in general?

It is really only the lack of maintainers, sorry for that - I am doing all openHAB 2 PRs completely alone :frowning:
I am thinking of different solutions to this problem, but none of them are ready yet to ease things.

Hi!
Just found out that my temperature/humidity probe doesn’t send any new
values regarding humidity.
It has worked just great until maybe a week ago. I will let it roll and
also OH2, just to find out if there will be some change during time. I
have twice seen something similar but one time I did an restart of OH2
and that helps, and the other time was it like it started to function
without anything.

Attend some info. from log.tail

Just let me now if you need some other / more info., just very learning
to help.

As you maybe recognized, I am Swedish.

Regards / Med vänliga hälsningar Örjan

Den 2016-03-10 kl. 09:14, skrev jarlebh:

Hi, Have tried to get this running on a fresh OpenHAB2 Beta3 install but having trouble doing so.

Here is the error I get:

2016-07-30 14:51:47.534 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.tellstick-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tellstick [191]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.library.types

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:393)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1207)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:504)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
2016-07-30 14:51:47.536 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.tellstick-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tellstick [191]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.library.types

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:393)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:509)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]

OpenHAB installed on Ubuntu Server, using Oracle JDK 8 and JAR shared above. Any help would be appreciated!