Telnet problem

Hi,

I’m trying to control some light through a control box that allows me to connect via telnet.
On connection the box put’s out some status information (which should be ignored). To switch on light a command with “e1:1” must be sent with telnet. I tried to implement it with the tcp& udp binding. In my items file i set up the switch:

Switch “Kueche1” (gKt) { tcp=">[ON:192.168.1.11:23:‘e1:1’], >[ON:192.168.1.11:23:'e1:0]" }

The configuration gets loaded, and when I start OH it also connects to the box and in the log in ready out the initial status information of the box and then I get an error that this informtion can not be parsed.

I cannot control the lights, but i think this related to the error on connection.

Can someone help on this?

Thanks and best regards
haui

It may be that your control box requires the telnet protocol, not just a raw TCP connection.

“Telnet is a way of passing control information about the communication channel. It defines line-buffering, character echo, etc, and is done through a series of will/wont/do/dont messages when the connection starts (and, on rare occasions, during the session).” - Reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12730293/how-does-telnet-differ-from-a-raw-tcp-connection

I too wish there was a way to implement Switch "name" { telnet=">[ON:ip_addr:port:'cmd'] } but have yet to see this.