Temperature Sensor and Google Assistant

There it is: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-google-assistant/pull/172

Who ever is running a self-hosted variant can test.

3 Likes

You rock, @michikrug. I’ll look forward to seeing it on myopenhab.

Hi,
First of all thank you for your great work!

I have a Shelly HT sensor, if a set the temperature item’s metadata to Temperaturesensor it does not show in google.
I’ve created a test number item with the same metadata and it does show.

The difference between the two is that the Shelly’s item type is number:temperature and the test item is just “number”

Is it a bug or it’s just the way it is?

Could it be possible to handle the OH type number:temperature? Because I presume every temperature item in OH would be number:temperature.

Thanks

Good question. I will need to look how openhab is stating the item type in the api. If it’s actually “numbed:temperature” instead of “number” it will explain the behavior, as it’s configured to only work for number items.

Do you need me to open an issue on GitHub?

That would be nice to track the issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

Done!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hello,
The bug has been fixed since May 27th (thank you for that) …but still I don’t see it working.
Is there a way to know when a merged fix goes “online” ?!
Just to know if it’s my installation not working or it has not been merged yet.

Thanks.

I am very sorry for that. Unfortunately, the owner of the integration again has kinda disappeared and therefore a new release that was scheduled for the first of June is very much delayed.

So this fix is just not deployed on the production instance.

I could probably just release it but would be totally blind on any errors happening during or after the process as I am missing the permissions on that.

I understand…the good news is that my installation is not faulty! :wink:
Thanks for sharing this info!