Template/default settings for z-wave device specific parameters?

I suspect that there’s a version issue since your device is clearly not the same as the manual that we have in the database. Any chance you can see if you can find an updated version of the manual?

Just now I got a reply from the manufacturer. Actually, the device will not report measured room temp back without an external temp sensor connected. The sensor will only report the setpoint value. There is two internal sensors, but they’re not realiable since it’s also a switch rated for 16A and this causes a lot of heat. The temperature within the unit varies a lot based on the load. I connected an external sensor, and openhab receives sensordata at once. We should maybe add a note regarding this on the unit.

I asked about a more recent manual at the same time.

However, openhab does still not have a channel for this message recieved from the unit (heatpoint eco):
2016-08-30 21:49:12.190 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 15: Incoming command class THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT
2016-08-30 21:49:12.194 [DEBUG] [.ZWaveThermostatSetpointCommandClass] - NODE 15: Received Thermostat Setpoint Request
2016-08-30 21:49:12.196 [DEBUG] [.ZWaveThermostatSetpointCommandClass] - NODE 15: Thermostat Setpoint report Scale = 0
2016-08-30 21:49:12.198 [DEBUG] [.ZWaveThermostatSetpointCommandClass] - NODE 15: Thermostat Setpoint Value = 18.5
2016-08-30 21:49:12.199 [DEBUG] [.ZWaveThermostatSetpointCommandClass] - NODE 15: Thermostat Setpoint Report, Type Heating Economical (11), value = 18.5

That seemed to be in my xml.

The update doesn’t happen immediately that you update the database - I need to export it and compile a new version. This won’t be tonight now but I think that the channel is in the database isn’t it?

Your XML file included a number of command classes that aren’t mentioned in the user manual (METER, CONFIGURATION) so really we need an updated manual.

I understand that it’s not there yet. Just pointed out what’s still an issue with the current version. I’ll let you know as soon as I (hopefully) get something from them.

And yes, the wanted channel seems to be in the new xml.

Thanks for all so far.

Here’s the updated manual from the vendor, including configuration parameters:

Manual_Heatit_Z-Wave_Ver2016-A-juni.pdf (497.8 KB)

Thanks. We’ll need to manage multiple versions here, so I’ll take a look at this. Can you raise an issue in the ZWave issue tracker please - just so I don’t loose track of this :wink:

Thanks.
Chris

You mean the openhab issue tracker, or…? :slight_smile:

No - the zwave issue tracker -:

https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/issues/new https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/issues/new

Done:

Hi,
I’ve created the new database entry, but we (you :wink: ) need to do some work. If possible, can you upload the XML file that openhab creates to the database page (if you don’t have an account, you’ll need one and I’ll need to give you edit access). We also need to add the config parameters from the manual into the database.

It would be great if you had a few minutes to do this.

The database entry is here -:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/412

Any problems, please let me know…

Cheers
Chris

Parameters updated, but I’m a little bit unsure about number 1. These are in hex in the manual:
0x00 OFF
0x01 HEAT
(0x02 COOL)
0x0B ENERGY SAVE HEAT

0x0B is 11. I’ve updated it - thanks.

Someone that have example how to define item to change the mode?
I have only manage to read the mode by using command=THERMOSTAT_MODE