Testing HomeKit add-on on OpenHAB 2

@beowulfe what are the chances of adding the Garage Door Opener and Fan types? Apple has them listed in the API so I’m assuming they should work.

I’d love if could have door lock types as well – while on/off works, if HomeKit know’s it’s a lock, it requires authentication on the phone to unlock the door

@feens and @mishakim - I have garage doors and window coverings working on my dev branch. I was hoping to see https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/595 done before releasing it. iOS sends a push notification every time the garage door closes or opens (At least in the clients I use, there’s no option to disable this).

With autoupdate on, my garage door toggles to the desired state when it gets the command, then back to its current state, and eventually to its desired state again, resulting in three notifications. (i.e. When I send a Close command, the state goes: Closed, Open, Closed) There doesn’t seem to be much happening on that bug though, so maybe I’ll just document the weird behavior.

I also have WindowCoverings working. I’ll look into Locks and Fans next.

I’m kind of one step further AND behind.
The pairing runs well. I can see all the logs going through, but am not able to see anything in the apps except the openhab accessory.
I’m using the HMCatalogApp and Elgato Eve. I’m not able to see the devices. In the accessory.

Excerpt from items file

Switch IT_Bogenlampe "2" {culintertechno="type=raw;address=0F00F0000F;commandOn=FF;commandOff=F0"} [ "Lighting" ]

Number h_Sp_temp_WZ "WZ [%.1f ℃]" <temperature> (gWZ) { channel="homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:d558d4b3:MEQ0xxxxxx:4#ACTUAL_TEMPERATURE" } ["CurrentTemperature"]

I also tried the prefixed homekit: tag to no avail.

I must have missed something.
Thanks in advance.

@dennisausbremen

I had kind of same problem.
In your Items file change the order of the {binding} [homekit] for [homekit] {binding}

so it will be in your case:

Switch IT_Bogenlampe “2” [ “Lighting” ]{culintertechno=“type=raw;address=0F00F0000F;commandOn=FF;commandOff=F0”}

Is just the order. Then your app will recognise all items.

Hi,

what if I configured the items via Paper UI - can I still “map” them to use Homekit?

Yes, but you’ll need to use HABmin in order to add tags to those items (PaperUI doesn’t have the ability to edit tags yet).

Thanks for the reply, @feens.

Unfortunately, I simply cannot add openhab as a homekit device. I can see it in several apps, but when I connect I am not asked to enter the PIN and it fails after some time.

I read about some JAVA parameter, but I am not sure where exactly to set it.

Does anyone else have the same error?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks. Now it works. Well sort of, since homekit cannot display my current temp properly (HM-CC-RT-DN Thermostats). But now i am able to play around with it. That’s what counts. :wink:

This same thing happens to me. Did you ever find a solution?

No, unfortunately not - I gave it up after trying with 3 different platforms. I cannot make the homekit addon running.

If you’re still trying and haven’t tried this setup yet I’ve had good luck with Domoticz for my HA software controller and Homebridge with the eDomoticz plugin for HomeKit interfacing. I’ve never once had a problem with the pairing process for Homebridge it’s rock solid. Was hoping to transition to openHAB because an all-in-one solution sounded great but I guess the time hasn’t come yet.

I have OH2 working with Homekit and the Omnilink 1.9 plugin. I can now control my lights and thermostat with Siri! Everything works nicely except for when I reboot the raspberry pi or restart OH2.

I get this warning in the logs and i have to repair my IOS devices.

[WARN ] [nhab.io.homekit.internal.HomekitImpl] - Could not find existing MAC in org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.mapdb.MapDbStorage. Generating new MAC. This will require re-pairing of iOS devices.

Any ideas on how to fix this? So close!

1 Like

Hello,
I have about 250 items configured that I want to use with HomeKit . my tests always run on the maximum of 99 accepted also . could it be that there is a limit ?

@beowulfe do you have any plans to update the binding and add some of the new command classes (i.e. Garage doors, fans, etc?) especially now that iOS 10 is out?

@Kleinpaul - there’s no defined limit at the protocol level, but I’m not sure if iOS enforces one.

@feens - definitely. They’re already supported in the underlying library - I just need to get them mapped in OH. First order of business is figuring out how we extend the OH ontology - I keep meaning to start that discussion.

I started the discussion here - https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/1093#issuecomment-247893106

Chime in there if you have an opinion.

Is it possible to split the openhab items into more homekit groups?

@beowulfe I get this warning in the logs and i have to pair my IOS devices when i reboot the system.

[WARN ] [nhab.io.homekit.internal.HomekitImpl] - Could not find existing MAC in org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.mapdb.MapDbStorage. Generating new MAC. This will require re-pairing of iOS devices.

Do you know how I can fix this?

@sbrandon - the add-on uses the persistence service to store this. Are you using any alternative persistence services? (i.e. - a database)

If not, check the perms on your userdata folder.