Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

Hello Kai, does this issue has been fixed in cloudbees #230 build?

I’ve updated to this build and I’m still getting errors:

06:05:08.362 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occured while initializing handler of thing 'zwave:serial_zstick:152e9757bdd': java.lang.NullPointerException
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)[:1.8.0_77]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:179)[90:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604112108]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:72)[90:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604112108]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:56)[90:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604112108]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7.run(ThingManager.java:659)[96:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604112108]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_77]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.initialize(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:96)[256:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201604120102]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:76)[256:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201604120102]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:662)[96:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604112108]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:1)[96:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604112108]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:170)[90:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604112108]
        ... 3 more
06:05:08.363 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:152e9757bdd' changed from INITIALIZING to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR)
06:05:08.387 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:152e9757bdd' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
06:05:08.513 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ExtensionEvent      ] - Extension 'binding-zwave' has been installed.

my ZWave binding version is:

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave
256 | Active    |  80 | 2.0.0.201604120102    | ZWave Binding

Thanks

EDIT: I’ve tried many times to uninstall and install ZWave binding again but I always end up with the same error of ZWave stick

Im excited to see whats in the log when I get home today. I upgraded quickly to this nightly build (oh / esh + all bindings)

Now the system seems to run wild…
Reporting open Windows and Motion for all zwave things all the time …

I shut it down remotely to stop Mail flooding :wink:

Removing z-wave stick from things and adding it again fixed issue. Now I must reconnect all items to new things.

If I have provoked a node.xml file from a working device, then uploaded it to the online database, then exported the OH2 format XML file, should I be able to manually add it into the {wherever}\runtime\karaf\system\org\openhab\binding\org.openhab.binding.zwave\2.0.0-SNAPSHOT\org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar or not?
I have done the above, and then uninstalled the zwave binding and re-installed it using the paperUI but my device remained unrecognised.
I read something about using “Add New Thing Manually” to provoke a list of items in the database but I haven’t managed to suss this out. If I use “Add New Thing Manually”, I end up with a single item (which is the controller) and not a list of items/things.
If it is not intended that punters should be able to add things into a zwave binding themselves, then that’s fine (I have just started contributing to the maintenance of the database but I thought I could upload things with more confidence if I had manually tested them and they had worked as I expected).
Cheers

In paperUI, if I select on [Configuration] [Bindings][More] then I get a list of devices and the new one that I added manually into the {wherever}\runtime\karaf\system\org\openhab\binding\org.openhab.binding.zwave\2.0.0-SNAPSHOT\org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is not in there, so I guess that’s why it remains unidentified. Where does that list come from?

From what I understand, just placing the XML file in the directory is not sufficient. You need to rebuild the Z-Wave add-on jar or wait for the device to be included in the latest build.

See this thread starting at post 8 where I had a similar question: OH2 and ZWave Locks

If you’re not aware you can watch for builds here: https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com . The recent changes of the OpenHAB2 add-ons should tell you when your device has been included.

@ I added the new device http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/341

to the DB … could you have a look and if it looks good add to binding?
thx

That’s correct - the XML files are embedded into the JAR.

Thanks for adding @shorty707 . I’ll add this to the build tonight.

It would be good if anyone has some ‘spare’ time to look at removing some of the warnings/notices in the database to help improve it :wink:. If everyone did one device, it would be quite easy :slight_smile:.

That’s correct - the XML files are embedded into the JAR.

Thanks for adding @shorty707 . I’ll add this to the build tonight.

It would be good if anyone has some ‘spare’ time to look at removing some of the warnings/notices in the database to help improve it :wink:. If everyone did one device, it would be quite easy :slight_smile:.

ZXT-120 Setpoints

I’m not sure if something has changed regarding this or not, I think it has been working, since I have both heating and cooling setpoints in my items file.

However, now I have two setpoints which both comes up as heating setpoints in Habmin, but Paper shows them as cooling, but describes them both as heating??

`Setpoint (cooling)
zwave:device:controller:node58:thermostat_setpoint
Sets the heating setpoint

Setpoint (cooling)
zwave:device:controller:node58:thermostat_setpoint
Sets the heating setpoint`

I have had a look in the database, but I’m not sure how these two channels should be entered. (i.e. I cannot see any obvious error)

I’m still registered, so please give me write access and i can try to improve the devices i own :wink:

Thanks - you now have access (I thought you already had, but it was only for the HABmin translation).

Any problems or questions, please ask. I tried to give some information on how to input the configuration information in the database into the database guide, but if you have any comments, please ask… The idea is to try and have the input presented (reasonably) consistently no matter who enters it.

Possibly - there was a bug fix a few weeks ago in this area.

Simple things first though - the ‘description’ is teh same for all setpoints, since the channel type is the same. So, when it says “Sets the heating setpoint” it doesn’t really mean ‘heating’, or ‘cooling’ - it means ‘climate control’, or ‘heating system’. I do agree this is confusing - I could make them separate channels, but this might balloon out of control as there are a number of possible setpoints… The other option is to change it to “Sets the thermostat setpoint” which I think I’ll do in the short term at least…

Regarding the setpoint labels - is it possible that you just noticed that they were the same and they have actually always been like that? Maybe it’s masked if you use different labels in the sitemap? The point here is that there was a bug where all setpoints had the same label and this would cause exactly what you see, but this was fixed a few weeks back - if you included the device before this was fixed, then it will still show the wrong label and you will need to delete the thing and add it back (not exclude and include it into the network - just delete the thing, press discovery again, and add it from the inbox).

Since I sometime ago created the two items correctly in my items file, I think they must have been correct then. But I cannot swear on it - too many devices … :slight_smile: Anyway, deleting the thing and hitting discovery fixed everything. Thanks!

I did get an exception while doing so though, not that it seamed to hurt but anyways;

12:26:33.636 [WARN ] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 255: Too many retries. Discarding message: Message: class=AddNodeToNetwork[0x4A], type=Request[0x00], priority=High, dest=255, callback=0, payload=05 
12:26:36.646 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'zwave:device:controller:node58' has been removed.
12:26:36.647 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingAddedEvent     ] - Thing 'zwave:device:controller:node58' has been added.
12:26:36.647 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
12:26:36.650 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 58: Initialising Thing Node...
12:26:36.661 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)
12:26:36.661 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemAddedEvent      ] - Item 'zwave_device_controller_node58' has been added.
12:26:36.663 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE
12:26:36.663 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
12:26:36.666 [INFO ] [rthome.event.ItemThingLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'zwave_device_controller_node58-zwave:device:controller:node58' has been added.
12:26:36.675 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent   ] - Thing 'zwave:device:controller:node58' has been updated.
12:26:36.675 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Error while applying configuration changes: 'IllegalStateException: Could not update configuration, because callback is missing' - reverting configuration changes on thing 'zwave:device:controller:node58'.
12:26:36.675 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occured while initializing handler of thing 'zwave:device:controller:node58': java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not update configuration, because callback is missing
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not update configuration, because callback is missing
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)[:1.8.0_77]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:179)[94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:72)[94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:56)[94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7.run(ThingManager.java:659)[100:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_77]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_77]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not update configuration, because callback is missing
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.updateConfiguration(BaseThingHandler.java:398)[100:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ConfigStatusThingHandler.updateConfiguration(ConfigStatusThingHandler.java:64)[100:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.bridgeStatusChanged(ZWaveThingHandler.java:506)[160:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201604160103]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.initialize(ZWaveThingHandler.java:132)[160:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201604160103]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:662)[100:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:1)[100:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201604151434]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:170)[94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201604151434]
        ... 3 more
12:26:36.676 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): Could not update configuration, because callback is missing
12:26:36.691 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): Could not update configuration, because callback is missing to INITIALIZING
12:26:36.692 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 58: Initialising Thing Node...
12:26:36.692 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 58: Initialising Thing Node...
12:26:36.694 [ERROR] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 58: Size error 1<>2 from config_27_1
12:26:36.697 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE
12:26:36.697 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:controller:node58' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
12:26:36.699 [ERROR] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 58: Size error 1<>2 from config_27_1
12:26:36.699 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent   ] - Thing 'zwave:device:controller:node58' has been updated.
12:26:36.707 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.status.events.ConfigStatusInfoEvent@72b396b7
12:26:36.707 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent   ] - Thing zwave:device:controller:node58' has been updated.

I’m not sure why the handler would be missing - this is all handled in the ESH core…

Regarding the other error NODE 58: Size error 1<>2 from config_27_1 - what is node 58?

Hi. Has anybody the following Power switch working with OH2?
If so … Please let me know the exact model.

Thanks!

There are a number of devices that look exactly the same - I know TKB have one, and also POPP have one and Philio I think… Take a look here - I know this is the UK version and you have the EU version, but it illustrates what I mean - the picture doesn’t tell you what the ‘exact model’ is…

Yes. I know. Thats the reason I am asking. what I am looking for is to compare the config parameters from the Devolo one with one that somebody can confirm is working with oh2.

Well, I have the TZ88 working fine - it looks like the picture you posted - it doesn’t mean it has the same parameters though. I have a POPP version - it also looks the same, but it’s got a completely different configuration.

This is the ZXT-120 AC IR Remote, that I deleted and re-discovered. The whole sequence is a result from deleting the thing and re-adding.