Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

@chris

for http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/252

only when parameter 7 is changed (I changed it from 4 to 20 based on feedback in another thread) the binary sensor works to report open / close state for this door sensor.

should I update the default value in your database or how would you like to handle these kind of stuff?

It’s strange, but I guess the answer to ‘is it ok’ is ‘does it work now’? :wink:

Good question… It’s something I’ve thought a bit about, but not come to a conclusion… Do we set ‘default’ to the manufacturers default value, or do we set it to a user value that is better… At the moment, I don’t try and set any configuration when the device is initialised, so it doesn’t really matter…

There’s another option, and that is to add another parameter where people can change settings that are ‘vital’ for the operation of the device, and these can be set when the device is first initialised. There are a few of these (Aeon devices have similar bit settings that mean some sensors don’t send data until they are changed and it’s the first question many people ask!)… I’m tempted to do this as we then have a clear configuration option, and clear separation between the manufacturers data, and our own…

I welcome thoughts on this though…

On a separate topic, now that you pointed me to this device, and I had a look at the manual, I noticed that the database isn’t complete - for example, in parameter 7, only some bits are specified… I suspect this might have been fully specified in the OH1 database, but because the description field is shorter here, it’s been cut short… Ideally, this explanation should be moved to the overview field which allows HTML (the description shouldn’t include HTML)… Maybe someone wants to fix this :wink:?

There’s also another (untested) feature in this binding, and that’s the concept of ‘sub-parameters’. The database allows a parameter to be split into multiple ‘sub’ parameters where there are different bits of logically separate information contained in a single parameter… So, in this case, it would be possible to make a separate configuration option for each bit… The idea is to make it easier so people don’t have to do bitwise maths! As I say, I’ve not tested this feature yet, but it’s coded, and there are a few devices with this feature in the database already. It would be interesting to test this if someone had the time…

Just food for thought :slightly_smiling:

the whole bit stuff is a game breaker for beginners…
how about a possibility to add possible values in the database with descriptions and these can be selected in habmin from a dropdown then?

updating the database… for parameter 7 I gave it a try … not sure if thats the best way

Agreed - that’s the rational behind the sub-parameters…

That’s what we have with sub-parameters (clearly I explained this badly)…

Instead of having a dropdown within the dropdown (which would be difficult), we split out the parameters, so, bit 1 becomes a config parameter, bit 2 becomes a separate parameter, and the bitmask in the database is used to split them out…

1 Like

Hi Chris, fantastic work! I just got this up and running and have quite a few devices to upload to your site, can you grant me upload access?

for me on chrome this button comes up but there is no response when clicking it neither is it copied to the clipboard.

Doesn’t work for me neither. I have tried Chromium and Firefox. I also get the the little button.
(I instead use Paper to get this.)

This morning I found out two things:

1. I can without any side effects, it seams manually add links in my .item file. I can now have some time without the dreaded yellow Error sign! :slightly_smiling:

2. The XML issue came back. Not sure why, I have restarted oh mabye 20 times, and had it all up and running for hours. When it came back, I was restarting oh since I had just added an item from habmin “inbox”.

One thing that I’m curios about, is that in habmin->Sitemaps I have a sitemap called “Home”. Not sure where it comes from, but i has all the zwave items.
Does anyone know the origin of this field? I have grep’d my whole oh folder, without findin anything. Is it a hardcoded sitemap of OH?

Hi Chris,

Here are some unknowns;
Node 3 Aeon MicroSmartEnergy Illuminator G2 - DSC19103
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-V_L_iOMcSd0Foa1dlR0l6NjA

Node 5 Zwave.me Wall Controller 06443
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-V_L_iOMcSanZOZ1pScUh5SlU

Node 9 Düwi plugin dimmer ZDAN 200 - 05439
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-V_L_iOMcSVVE2eWVka1FId28

Node 10 Qubino Flush Shutter - ZMNHCD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-V_L_iOMcScWVicFhDLXJhUkk

Node 11 Aeon Micro Smart Energy Switch - the very first version I believe
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-V_L_iOMcSOU5PVlpmSWxIaVU

Or would you rather I get an account to do add them myself?

Hi Dan - you’re good to go… Any problems, just shout…

Cheers
Chris

Hmmm - this does seem to be broken. I’ll take a look since it was working a few days back…

I think I can in this case do a very quick and rough review just to make sure that nothing fundamentally wrong gets into the repo, that the code formatter is applied and the license headers are there… So just some formalities that you should make sure that they are fulfilled. So yes, feel free to create a PR the coming days. Regarding HABmin: Just PM me to coordinate the repo transfer, when you are ready for it.

Thanks!
Kai

Hi Kai,
I generated the PR for Z-Wave last night (enjoy :wink:). I ran mvn license update (which seemed to update a lot of files in the repo by the way, so I don’t know if something is up there?) but otherwise haven’t done anything much with it…

The only files in the PR should be ZWave (I started with a fresh branch from Master and copied over the folder clean) and the parent pom…

Cheers
Chris

Ah, cool, thanks! Sorry, I didn’t see it yet, I am still sorting the 200 new e-mails since yesterday afternoon. It is always dangerous to take an evening off :wink:

The issue with the error is something I’ve just looked at and it’s related to this issue -:

Is the XML the same as before? I don’t suppose there’s anything captured in the log anywhere (maybe grep on NodeNamingCommandClass)?

Basically if the links already exist for any reason, then we get an error. I’ve just improved HABmin by reporting what the error is so it’s at least more informative…

This is generated by the system. It automatically creates it from the list of things. I find it useful as it’s useful for testing :wink:.

Is there any quick way to check what new devices that are available when a new release of the bindning becomes available?
I was expecting more devices to be recognized in this release but im not sure if something is wrong or if they arent added yet.

/C

acutally I tried this in an earlier build and could see from paper ui simply

1, uninstall binding
2. install same binding again

did always pull the latest version that was available

however an update button would save a click :wink: and execute both steps on its own … or even an option for auto update

I added a “recommended” column to the table … and tried to make a demo calculation how this is done
however that should be posted somewhere else …

just that one parameter currently to see which way would be the best before updating more.

No - unfortunately not…

Apologies - I missed a few of your devices. There are some devices that still don’t have all the info - (WallC-S, CRC3100) but all the others should be in the next release.