Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

Ok - I understand what you say, but I’ve no idea how to help since what you say doesn’t make sense. If you restart the server, then all nodes will go to offline status, so that doesn’t help you know the status (well, it does - you know they are offline).

The network view I would not expect to update unless you restart since this uses largely static information to create the network diagram at the moment.

Sorry - I’m not sure how to help :frowning:.

ALWAYS work in on session, ALWAYS not work in the next session. I’ll take a detailed look on it for give you better feedback on that.

In OH1 i created a zwave.log as you described in the OH1-wiki.

I’ll tried out events.log and obenhab.log in openhab/userdata/logs but the HABmin-log-viewer don’t shows the nodes, only 255.

Thanks - I expected this to be the case, but wanted to be sure as if I misunderstood this I’d be looking in totally the wrong place…

It will only work with the openhab log - or a zwave log if you have that instead (since it is the same as the openhab log, but only with zwave data). Events log is not used.

Can you email me the log you used? I use this here often, so it should work ok… I note that this log only processed 58 lines of the 36000 in the file, so it seems it doesn’t contain much z-wave stuff - or maybe there’s a formatting change somewhere…

I send you you the openhab.log. So you can also see what maybe wrong in my setup :wink:

The problem with the log is it’s not got debug enabled… I think it you enable debug logging, then the log display will have something to display :slight_smile:.

Maybe i’m to old to keep everything in mind or OH2 is more complicated then OH1 :wink:[quote=“chris, post:561, topic:7522”]
From the Karaf console, type log:set debug org.openhab.binding.zwave
[/quote]

Should i use this option or use start_debug.sh ?

No matter how you start OH, you need to use the log:set option - even with start_debug, in OH2 the default logging is INFO (which is different to OH1).

My problems with HABmin seem to be limited so Safari - z-wave wasn’t the only thing not working right, bug switching to Chrome seems to take care of everything.

So now that I have things actually working, let me ask about a more ‘normal’ problem – the switch I’m using is supposed to report power, and I have that channel connected to a number item, but it shows no data. When openhab first starts up, I see the power correctly reported in the logs, but it never makes it to the item in any UI, and it never updates (in the logs or UI).

The switch is an Aeon labs DSC06, and I used HABmin to set parameter 90 to enable 91 and 92, set 91 to set minimum delta watts to 50, and 92 to set minimum delta watts percent to 10. When I turn on or off the space heater connected to it (100s of watts), nothing happens. Set 80 Automatic Notifications to Basic CC Report (not sure about that one), still nothing.

Please feel free to create an issue on the HABmin issue list so we can track these… I’m using Chrome here mostly, but do check against Firefox and Opera at the moment - I’ll try and look at Safari as well…

If there’s no reporting of incoming data in the debug log, then it’s probably an issue with the device configuration. I’m not familiar with the device so can’t offer much help - the only suggestion I have is to ensure that the association is set.

If by the “nothing happens” you mean you are seeing data in the log, but there’s no update in the events log, then please provide the debug log and I’ll take a look.

Thank you again for pointing an old man on the differences :smiling_imp:

Z-Wave Log Viewer in HABmin works now for me, i use Google Chrome and hope to provide better informations if i run into the next problems :wink:

nothing in the debug log, so I agree its with the device config. I’ll keep playing around with that. I just set the association group to openHAB Controller, will see if that does it.

I think part of this problem is related to startup from scratch, I have seen this every time I have started from scratch (with items created and nodes already on stick). But never mind, I’ll continue eyeballing the logs instead, at some point someone with more OH-knowledge are bound to see this, and can make out in which part the problem lies. :slight_smile:

OK. So even lost nodes that does not change to red is what to be expected right now? Just to rule out this behavior as something different from above.

Sure, here you go:

Chris, FYI:
after starting from scratch this morning, the same thing happened with this node - it turned up as unknown again.

I’ve just merged the secure command classes into the Z-Wave binding. This is based on the huge amount of work done by @dbadia - it’s not had too much testing in the OH2 binding (but that’s why you’re all here - right :wink:) but Dave has had this running for a while now on an OH1 branch, so it should be good…

To use, you need to set a network key in the controller before trying to include the lock into the network. To do this, you need to select Advanced mode from the tools menu, then select Network Settings - see below -:

Start inclusion by clicking on the discovery button in HABmin (note you MUST do this - you can’t include directly to the stick).

You can also find Daves wiki here.

Of course, you also need the database entry - I’ve updated that this afternoon to add DOOR_LOCK support.

Since my lock is sitting on the floor, and not in the door, it’s a bit hard to tell when it’s unlocked and locked - it speaks to me and tells me it’s unlocked and disengaged, which to me are the same thing, so let me know if you find it’s wrong!

When I get a chance I’ll add support into the UI for setting user codes and timeouts…

I’ll take a look at this issue later, but this isn’t going to cause any problem, so just ignore the unknown entry in the inbox…

Certainly!
In order not to cause confusion - this is not one of the nodes that are already added (known) and then turns up as unknown - this one is never recognized even though it ought to be.

@chris updated to the latest zwave build this morning and got an error (posting below). Just tried the build that just completed, same error. It completely prevents zwave from working as my controller won’t initialize. Tried restarting OH to no avail, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the binding. Here’s the error:

21:43:38.278 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occured while initializing handler of thing 'zwave:serial_zstick:1533f07f1de': java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)[:1.8.0_65]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:179)[89:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201603021108]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:72)[89:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201603021108]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:56)[89:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201603021108]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7.run(ThingManager.java:636)[95:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201603021108]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_65]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.initialize(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:72)[182:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201603120202]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:76)[182:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201603120202]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:639)[95:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201603021108]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:1)[95:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.8.0.201603021108]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:170)[89:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.8.0.201603021108]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_65]
	... 3 more