Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

Well, Perhaps even stranger… I took the updated JAR file from Chris and also went ahead and started from a fresh OH2 download of both the Offline and Online installs.

I copied over the 3 JAR files, and when I started up OH2… No Habmin in the webbrowser.

This is on a windows machine, and i’ll try the same now on the Ubuntu.

But I’m thinking that perhaps its needed to install the 1.9 zwave version from the PaperUI to get Habmin to show up?

EDIT. I’ll keep experimenting tonight as long as I can. And it makes sense that since the current zwave is being manually added that you probably need/should include it manually in your addon.cfg file. After doing that, habmin showed back up.

Sorry for the repetitive posting.

So after adding the zwave binding to my addons.cfg and restart. I have habmin showing up and it appears the light switch is showing up, as it shows ‘online’ in my items.

But I’m not sure if I can control or not. Would the correct entry to your items be like this?

Switch Light_BackDoor "BackDoor" (Lights) {channel="zwave:zwave_leviton_dzs15_00_000_152e25341bc_node6_switch_binary"}

and I seeing a warning in the log of this:

2016-02-14 19:29:50.779 [WARN ] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 6: Unsupported command class SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF
2016-02-14 19:29:50.798 [WARN ] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 4: Unsupported command class SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF
2016-02-14 19:29:50.868 [WARN ] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 5: Unsupported command class SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF

I’m also not sure how/where in Habmin yet to see all of the nodes similar to OH1? When I click on the log viewer I currently don’t see any information. I think I’m seeing Node 6 as my light switch as I’ve had to possibly re-add the switch several times and not sure how to remove it from the controller?

@chris I have installed the new habmin snapshot and binding. all looks to be working and i can see the zwave items that have entries in your database, i’m not going to do anything yet however as the advanced settings to set the Controller is Master & Controlled is SUC to no do not save AFAIK as i am using the controller as a secondary controller.

No, you don’t have to, habmin is showing up without installing the 1.9 binding.

So, here are my results from a first quick test with the new zwave v2 binding:

Basically, it works, thanks Chris!!!

Steps performed:

• installed OH latest snapshot #133 on RPi Raspbian Jessie
  • copied the three mentioned jars into the addon folder
  • startet OH via start.sh under root
  • Opened habmin
  • Add thing “Zwave Serial Controller”
  • Configured port /dev/ttyACM0
  • shutdown openhab
  • restarted raspberry
  • started openhab again

Controller ZWave.me ZME_UZB1 ZWave Plus (already “fully loaded with nodes” from OH1) showed up, also node 4 (hardwired) and node 8 (battery powered) showed up right away.
After a while (and trying to manually awaking the battery devices) more nodes showed up.
The other battery operated nodes are still initializing, even if I wake them up manually. Will have to wait a little longer, maybe …

The one issue I have at the moment:
Under habmin, thing configuration, when I click on a (green) node and try to add a channel, I always get a “Error saving item XXX”.
But: after unsuccessful saving, the channel is generated and I can edit it (but still not save it).
Screenshot:

Here is a screenshot from “Thing configuration” after about 2 hours uptime:

And last but not least the zwave log (info level, didn’t set it to debug yet):

http://pastebin.com/hyBm82AM

@chris I have a quick question, I have some zwave devices that are pending review in your database. if i export the XML in Openhab2 format. where to i put this file to get support for this device?

@fuzzysb I’m not @chris, but can answer your question. The way the database works is when you add a device, it puts it in a queue of sorts waiting for review. Once it is approved by a reviewer, Chris needs to do a new jar build to add the entries to the zwave binding’s XML. The XML file is internal to the binding jar. If you are so inclined, you could extract the jar and swap out the database file with your export. If there is more magic needed than this, I then defer to @chris

Whatever I try to include a device it will not find anything during discovery.

First I tried a battery only powered Dlink Z110 Door Sensor… Nothing

Now I tried a power outlet device Aeon Gen 5 Series … Nothing

UZB1 Stick indicates discovery “blinking blue” for a few seconds and log show some zstick_serial_ack and _sof
but nothing ever shows up as new thing …
did I miss something?

[quote=“ptmuldoon, post:62, topic:7522, full:true”]
So after adding the zwave binding to my addons.cfg and restart.[/quote]

If you do that you will have the 1.x zwave binding installed. Because the entries in the addons.cfg install the bindings from the /runtime/karaf/system/org/openhab/binding folder (if you are using the offline version, otherwise they are downloaded from the server).

So you should remove that entry from addons.cfg and only copy the three downloaded jar files to your addons folder.

Have fun.

Normally, you wouldn’t generate an items file (well, normally I wouldn’t anyway!). When you enable a channel in HABmin, you can create the item in the following way from the Thing Configuration -:

Clicking on Add will add a new item to the channel. If you want to use the item, hold your mouse over the item, and you’ll get a little copy icon (in the image above, the Power Factor channel shows this). If you then click on this button, it will copy the name of the channel to the clipboard and you can paste it into your sitemap.

Alternatively, you ca create a new item, and you can give it your own name by clicking the Add button.

You can’t see this in the same way. If you go to the log viewer, then you can view the log in the same way as it was in OH1 log viewer (ie the earlier version of HABmin2), but there’s no way to get a list of nodes other than through the thing configuration screen. Remember, this is now working with the ESH concepts…

Correct - this isn’t implemented at the moment. I’ll do this soon…

:smile:

You mean in the channels list - as per my image above?

@xsnrg is 100% correct (off course :slightly_smiling:). The one point I’ll add though is that quite a few people are requesting devices for review, but the information isn’t complete so they can’t be reviewed… We need to get an OH nodeX.xml file uploaded so that the endpoint information is completed… If I’ve missed some that are ready then please ping me again (I might need to add something to list all devices that look complete but aren’t published).

The only point to make is that for battery devices, they need to complete initialisation before they will show up in the discovery list, so you might need to wake them up a couple of times?

Yes Sir, exactly at that point … When I click on “Add” and the new window pops up, I get that error when I click on the “Save” button.

I see the same issue on my production system which is a few weeks old now. I think the problem is something that I fixed in the ESH core a week or two back - its associated with trying to create an item that doesn’t have a group, or category etc… If you fill all these in, does it work then? (it does for me).

I added checks to fix this in ESH, but that was only a week back, so you’d need an up to date version to have this fix (and that assumes OH2 has an up to date ESH core added!)

I’ve just updated the binding on github to add some more devices that people have added today…

There are currently 56 devices available…

ok after many retries my Aeon Labs Gen 5 Siren was added as unknown device…

just that I don’t do something stupid… uploading that xml from the “unknown device” would help?
or must the XML somehow be populated with more information to make sense for you?

would look like the attached one: (since I seem not to have the access to upload to the database.

node2.xml (3.6 KB)

Will check that on Wednesday … that’s my next “play with oh2 day” …

Missing:
Domitech ZBULB or ZE27EU - LED Dimmable light - http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/671
Fibaro FGWPF-102 - Wall plug - http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/517

Yes - that’s perfect… I’ve just uploaded it :slightly_smiling:. I’ve updated the binding on Github to include this device…

I`m sure it is a stupid question, but why dont you upload “all” the bindings from the pepper database? Perhaps the user can choose region and only download xml-files for his region to limit the data?

I’ve just added the ZE27 since it was already in the database. For the FGWPF - is that the same as the FGWPE? If to, that’s already in the database. If not, please feel free to add it yourself…

Because openhab doesn’t use the XML files from the pepper database…

The pepper database is not licensed in a compatible way for OH, so I can’t just steal their data. Additionally, the pepper database has some errors which we’d not be able to fix if we just used this, and also doesn’t contain all the information that we need.