Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

As @xsnrg said, this is not currently possible using OH2 until the changes flow through the system into OH2. I can only suggest to use OH1 until this is resolved.

Chris, Thank you for additional message.
Also, I noticed it has been merged into ESH already.

Yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s in OH2 yet - sorry.

Thank you for your message and confirmation, Chris. I know.:slight_smile:

Chris, actually my system is up. Here is where I am,
1 include/exclude is OK
2 controller switch device on web GUI. It works.
But sometimes fast, sometime slow.
Like the last experiment, it cost 20s. But the time is cost from OH2 to zwave binding, zwave binding time is only 20ms by log.

3 push button on switch device. It works. But very slow, I have experienced 10 min for that.
But as Jim and you mentioned, association can NOT work on OH2. I could not do nothing for that at this time if I stay on OH2.
And even in this case, there is zwave log shown immediately when I push button on switch device. So probably the time problem is still from OH2 instead of zwave binding.

So in brief, my system in up. The problem is slow.
Thank you very much for you all your effort and guidance you offer to help me reach this step. I really appreciate that.

As in OH2 Habmin2, we could not save zwave device setting by Habming2->thing configuration->specific device->save.

Can I assume that we could not send CONFIGURATION_SET command to zwave device by Habmin2 by now?
Thank you.

No… This has been implemented since the first release.

Chris, thank you for response.

So how should I do in Habmin2 to send out a CONFIGURATION_SET command?
Then I can configure the device to enable automatic notification to associated devices whenever there is a status change.
By my understanding, that mean, whenever I push button on the device, there is a notification sent to the controller/OH2.

However, For now, my situation is whenever I push the device button, Application update class packet is shown in DEBUG log while Application command Handler class packet is expected. So it also show MISMATCH.
And it seems, Application command Handler class packet is the packet trigger the WEB GUI update.

Thank you.

You don’t need to worry about the ZWave command classes being used. Different classes are used depending on what configuration you set - just set the configuration options you want to change in HABmin.

Thank you, chris, for reminding configuration.

For my zwave device, I have configuration parameters → automatic notification → Basic CC report.

However, when I push button on device, update on WEB GUI is still slow.

And the whole log is here,

Although I can see in the log,

2016-04-01 14:51:00.084 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 10: Config updated
2016-04-01 14:51:00.294 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent   ] - Thing 'zwave:device:153bea5a84f:node10' has been updated.

it seems the thing has been updated by log.
However, the update on web GUI still no immediately by the log.
Do you have some idea about this?
Can I assume this is the problem of OH2 instead of zwave binding?

Thank you.

Please can you describe your configuration - what is the device, and what channels do you have enabled.

The device is DSC06 smart energy switch.

There are 4 channels there.
energy consumption.
electronic power consumption.
energy consumption.
switch.

I do not even know how to enable/disable channels.
Can you tell me about that also?
But all channels with a blue tick.

I link the switch channal to SWITCH item on the sitemap.
Switch Z_socket1 “Living Room” (Lights) { channel=“zwave:device:153bea5a84f:node10:switch_binary”}

Thank you.

You need to make sure that channels are linked to items or it won’t work. http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/habmin.

You can’t link channels in a sitemap - you need to link items.

Thank you for the link.

I am sorry for the confusing.
This is my .items file.
Switch Z_socket1 “DSC006 smart energy” { channel=“zwave:device:153bea5a84f:node10:switch_binary”}

Actually at first I configure the linkage in .items file as above.

But when I am trying to link this item in Habmin2,
“DSC006 smart energy” is already in linked items list for switch channel.
Edit this item,
name is Z_socket1,
Label is DSC006 smart energy,
Item type is switch.
category and groups is empty.

When I click save, keep showing “error saving item DSC006 smart energy, cannot update non-managed item z_socket1”.

Can you have some idea about that?
Thank you.

Sorry - I’m not sure. I don’t use text files at all so I don’t know if it’s related to that, or something else in your configuration.

Thank you for response.
I am trying to do all configuration without text files to see what happens.

So can I assume that you do all the configuration in Habmin2 including sitemap/items/things/items-thing linkage? Thank you.

For sitemap, I really have no idea how we can do that.
Can you shed some light for that? Thank you.

You’re right - there’s currently no way to define sitemaps without text files, but definition of items, things, links etc I do all in HABmin.

@laohixdxm2016
A few pages up in this thread, I also had issues with the red “error saving …”.
It appears that it might be the zwave device database that contains invalid options. In order to find out - instead use Paper UI, which will not display the faulty configuration item. The ones seen in Paper, you should be able to save correctly.

I think the problem from @laohixdxm2016 was saving an item - not configuration (at least that’s what the error indicates - that it can’t save the “item”) so I don’t think this is the same as your issue…

This isn’t a problem with the database, but a bug in the handling of options in ESH. This bug has now been fixed but might be a few more days before it flows through the system.

This is good to know! Looking forward to a new OH :relieved: