Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

Cheers Chris

is it ok if a device has two times the same command class in the db?

I would have removed Version 1 … but this is limited to superuser I guess
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/177

It won’t hurt in this case, but it’s not right. I’ll delete it… Do you know which version is correct (it should be in the XML).

is Version 1 or versionsupported 2 the correct one?

since this is the PAN11 which troubles me I would looks through all other classes in the xml aswell

Thanks - I’ve deleted one :wink:.

There might be an issue with the database which I’ll look at later, but hopefully I’ll publish the updates you’ve made tonight if I can get it fixed.

Cheers
Chris

I checked the other “Versions” of the command classes

There are 2 entrys (Version & versionSupported)
since you deleted the Version 2 from the class above I think “VERSION” is the relevant for the database.

Checking the XML also other classes say Version 2 in the DB but 1 in the XML:
ZWave Plus Info
Manufacurer Specific
Firmware Update MD
Assocication

if that is relevant

node4.xml (7.4 KB)

Mostly this isn’t used - the version information in the database is just for information. The binding will get the correct version and stores it in the XML file, and it will use this - not the value from the database…

That said, if the database is wrong, please feel free to update it as it’s always better if it’s correct :wink:

thanks :slight_smile: just trying any and everthing to get the PAN11 working :joy:

This was a long thread, but here I got a new PAN11 device, a Philio Tech Gen5 PAN11-1E to be specific, that has very similar capabilities compared to shorty707’s node4.xml file above. The only relevant differences are the following:

:           Property           : My Device : shorty707's :
:..............................:...........:.............:
: deviceId                     : 0x30      : 0x11        :
: VERSION:protocolVersion      : 4.5       : 3.83        :
: VERSION:applicationVersion   : 1.12      : 1.10        :
: SWITCH_BINARY:isGetSupported : true      : false       :
: ALARM:isGetSupported         : true      : false       :
:..............................:...........:.............:

Because I’m a newly registered user I’m not allowed to attach my own node’s XML to this post.

@chris Thank you for all the amazing work you’ve done for openHAB, the Z-Wave binding and all. I’m impressed! If you want any help updating the Z-Wave database for this device, I’ll promise to do my best. I created an account today on your site with the username cjberg.

Your device needs to be adding to the database. From what you’ve got above, the only relevant difference is th deviceId so I’ll add this tonight and hopefully it will work in tomorrows binding.

@chris Not wanting to create a new thread for what might be a simple thing, but I did a clean rebuild of my system using latest snapshots from this morning. Everything is back up but I seem to have frequent polling errors on Node 0 (I assume my controller):

2016-08-11 14:55:12.956 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 0: Polling aborted due to exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler$1.run(ZWaveThingHandler.java:356)[196:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201608110102]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_91]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)[:1.8.0_91]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_91]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)[:1.8.0_91]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_91]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_91]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_91]

Do I need to delete my controller and start over again (hoping to avoid re-doing all devices again!)?

EDIT: Ignore that - after another reboot the error message seems to have stopped.

Thanks a lot, I’ll test it and report back as soon as possible!

Hi Chris, I’ve got some variations on a z-wave device I added a few days ago ( thanks for your help on that one, it worked!). Its three AN157 types (On/Off) and one AN142 (same as 157 but with dimming).
Since I’m still not an expert in this field I decided to just upload the XML files for you, if you need any other data feel free to ask. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Node 7 (AN157): node7.xml (3.0 KB)
Node 8 (AN157): node8.xml (3.5 KB)
Node 9 (AN157): node9.xml (2.7 KB)

Node 6 (AN142): node6.xml (3.5 KB)

Do you mean that these devices aren’t discovered?

I get this error when I try to switch them:

16:51:55.883 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Command received zwave:device:1564819d336:node6:switch_binary --> ON
16:51:55.885 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Command for unknown channel zwave:device:1564819d336:node6:switch_binary with OnOffType

The AN142 isn’t in the database which is probably the cause of the problem. I’ll update the database with the XML for node 6 and add it tonight.

Actually, that’s not the problem - your device is in the database as an AD131.

The issue is that you have incorrectly configured the channel - I guess (??) you are using files for the configuration? If so, you can’t use the switch_binary channel - this is a dimmer, so you need to use the switch_dimmer channel.

You’re right, I goofed on the command to Node 6. I got it working now, thanks! However, the same problem is still there for node 7 8 and 9.

Here’s 7’s log when switching (for example)

17:32:03.586 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Command received zwave:device:1564819d336:node7:switch_binary --> ON
17:32:03.587 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Command for unknown channel zwave:device:1564819d336:node7:switch_binary with OnOffType
17:32:06.234 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Command received zwave:device:1564819d336:node7:switch_binary --> OFF
17:32:06.235 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Command for unknown channel zwave:device:1564819d336:node7:switch_binary with OnOffType

Are the devices properly discovered?

Nope, they show up as unknown device, I’m sorry I shouldve specified that in the post