Text or Number automatically update UI

(Brad Curtis) #1

Hi

I have a Number and/or Text that is updated by MQTT. The basic UI is not refreshing when the number changes. However, when I refresh the browser, the number is updates. I am wondering if I should move over to a switch. All my switches are working

thanks

Number sensor1humidity "Sensor1 Humidity [%.1f%%]" {mqtt="<[broker:sensornode1:state:JSONPATH($.humidity)]",autoupdate="false" }

(Sascha Billian) #2

There shouldn’t be a need to change the type of the item. I have a couple of string items, also some MQTT items (currenty for testing since i’m waiting for my hardware) and I do not have a problem with string items

Have you tried deleting the browser cache.
Sometimes - especially when editing my sitemap files - i sometimes face problems with UI not updating.
But deleting the cache mostly works, and if not, restarting OpenHab definitely works for me.

(Josar) #3

Do you use Firefox or Chrome?
Some people complain about UI is not updating after changing of Items, Things etc. After an restart of openHAb it works again.

I did never get Firefox to update but Edge does.

(Brad Curtis) #4

Thanks

It is in chrome. I did not know if only switches and contacts should only
have automatic updates

(Josar) #5

And the Android App did never had any problems with item state updates, for me.

(Mike) #6

When updating items files or any file in the etc directory, I always restart the server after I have finished.

Believe it or not this cures 90% of problems where everything seems like it should work, but doesn’t.

(Brad Curtis) #7

Thank you all

For some reason it started working this morning. I am stumped :slight_smile:

but thanks for all the help