The APT/RPM 'testing' (Milestone) repository has moved

Do as I say, not as I do :wink:

1 Like

@Udo_Hartmann @Bruce_Osborne
Hi guys, thx you are great. I’m just making a clone, and as you said " no risk, no fun":crazy_face: . Further question: How can I upgrade java/zulu ? Can you give me the commands ? And before upgrading to stretch or after ?
Thx in advance

I use openhabian-config and let it do its magic :smiley:

Manual/Fresh Setup and then select te options from there.

1 Like

The risk is significantly higher if you are doing the upgrade on a headless machine through ssh. In that case, a hickup in your network can kill the upgrade right in the middle of it’s operations. Depending on what it was doing when apt was cut off you may be fine or you may have a completely unusable machine and have to go back to the drawing board with a fresh install. I upgrade 5 RPis and two of them crashed mid upgrade and had to be rebuilt from scratch. That wasn’t really a big deal though as it was all scripted.

1 Like

Would nohup or screen have helped mitigate that?

it was really magic but it works.

[21:03:26] hab@openHABianPi:~$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_222"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_222-b178)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.222-b178, mixed mode, Evaluation)
[21:03:39] hab@openHABianPi:~$

First step done :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe.

@Udo_Hartmann @Bruce_Osborne @rlkoshak

Last login: Tue Aug 13 22:14:34 2019

###############################################################################
###############  openHABianPi  ################################################
##        Ip = 192.168.178.49
##   Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
##    Kernel = Linux 4.14.77-v7+
##  Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
##    Uptime = 0 day(s). 0:0:29
## CPU Usage = 52.79% avg over 4 cpu(s) (4 core(s) x 1 socket(s))
##  CPU Load = 1m: 0.55, 5m: 0.13, 15m: 0.04
##    Memory = Free: 0.61GB (64%), Used: 0.33GB (36%), Total: 0.95GB
##      Swap = Free: 0.09GB (100%), Used: 0.00GB (0%), Total: 0.09GB
##      Root = Free: 23.54GB (84%), Used: 4.45GB (16%), Total: 29.21GB
##   Updates = 0 apt updates available.
##  Sessions = 1 session(s)
## Processes = 124 running processes of 32768 maximum processes

Welcome to            __  _____    ____  _
            ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )(_)___ _____
           / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  / / __ `/ __ \
          / /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ / / /_/ / / / /
          \____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/_/\__,_/_/ /_/
              /_/
                  openHAB 2.5.0~M2-1 (Milestone Build)

thx to you all for helping. I did what you say (wrote) to me, and of course I did what Rich said.
So this was the first time for my RPI to have 24"-Monitor affiliated (and a keyboard too :smile:).
Upgrade worked and Openhab is running again, so second step also done.
(Third step - Buster - I will upgrade as Udo proposed, in a month or so :wink::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:)
Thx one more time.

Cheers,
Peter

2 Likes

Hi,

I ran the update/upgrade first on my openhabian setup and get this error in the log:

2019-08-18 13:17:08.593 [ERROR] [ternal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] - Error installing boot features
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.ui.bundles/org.openhab.ui.dashboard/2.5.0.M2

I tried to run the openhab-config tool option 40, and i get this error:

Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: https://packages.grafana.com stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8C8C34C524098CB6

$ apt-get -y --allow-downgrades install openhab2=2.5.0~M2-1
E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not understood
FAILED (apt) 

Any recommendation on how to solve this?

If you updated the tools first (first entry, I think) then it appears to be an OpenHABian error.
Dies sudo apt-get install openhab2=2.5.0~M2-1 work?

Thanks Bruce for the super fast answer:-) The apt-get install instruction does work but says I’m already on the latest version… Should run it with -f option?
And I did the apt-get upgrade first, and only after did update the openhabian-config tool:-(

not needed, it it works.

-f, --fix-broken
           Fix; attempt to correct a system with broken dependencies in place. This option, when
           used with install/remove, can omit any packages to permit APT to deduce a likely
           solution. If packages are specified, these have to completely correct the problem. The
           option is sometimes necessary when running APT for the first time; APT itself does not
           allow broken package dependencies to exist on a system. It is possible that a system's
           dependency structure can be so corrupt as to require manual intervention (which usually
           means using dpkg --remove to eliminate some of the offending packages). Use of this
           option together with -m may produce an error in some situations. Configuration Item:
           APT::Get::Fix-Broken.

Ok, apt-get install works but does nothing (since it finds the version already installed)…

1 Like

If I thought my installation was possibly broken, I would add the -f to try & repair it.

Yes, ok, that is what I thought and I tried it with no luck… It does not seem to change anything.

If I try to install a snaspshot from openhabian-config, then I get this error:

$ apt-get -y --allow-downgrades install openhab2=2.5.0~M2-1
FAILED (apt) 

And the error I have in the log with the current installation, in full version, is:

2019-08-18 14:32:09.779 [ERROR] [ternal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] - Error installing boot features
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error:
	Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.ui.bundles/org.openhab.ui.dashboard/2.5.0.M2
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader.<init>(MavenDownloadManager.java:91) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager.createDownloader(MavenDownloadManager.java:72) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:457) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:452) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:224) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
	Suppressed: java.io.IOException: Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.ui.bundles/org.openhab.ui.dashboard/2.5.0.M2
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:81) ~[?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) ~[?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
	Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file
		at sun.net.idn.StringPrep.<init>(StringPrep.java:230) ~[?:?]
		at java.net.IDN.<clinit>(IDN.java:240) ~[?:?]
		at javax.net.ssl.SNIHostName.<init>(SNIHostName.java:99) ~[?:?]
		at sun.security.ssl.Utilities.rawToSNIHostName(Utilities.java:102) ~[?:?]
		at sun.security.ssl.Utilities.addToSNIServerNameList(Utilities.java:49) ~[?:?]
		at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(SSLSocketImpl.java:571) ~[?:?]
		at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocketFactoryImpl.java:110) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.createLayeredSocket(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:365) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.connectSocket(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:355) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:142) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.connect(PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:373) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.establishRoute(MainClientExec.java:394) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:237) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:185) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:89) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:110) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:185) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83) ~[?:?]
		at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.wagon.ConfigurableHttpWagon.execute(ConfigurableHttpWagon.java:162) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.fillInputData(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:1095) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.fillInputData(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:1072) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.getInputStream(StreamWagon.java:126) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.getIfNewer(StreamWagon.java:88) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.get(StreamWagon.java:61) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.transport.wagon.WagonTransporter$GetTaskRunner.run(WagonTransporter.java:567) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.transport.wagon.WagonTransporter.execute(WagonTransporter.java:435) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.transport.wagon.WagonTransporter.get(WagonTransporter.java:412) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$GetTaskRunner.runTask(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:456) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$TaskRunner.run(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:363) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.util.concurrency.RunnableErrorForwarder$1.run(RunnableErrorForwarder.java:75) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$DirectExecutor.execute(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:642) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.get(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:262) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:489) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:390) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:215) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:192) ~[?:?]
		at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:247) ~[?:?]
		at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:767) ~[?:?]
		at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:657) ~[?:?]
		at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:598) ~[?:?]
		at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:565) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadTask.download(MavenDownloadTask.java:49) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:60) ~[?:?]
		... 7 more

Any recommendation on where I should look? I searched for the error words but did not find anything that worked. I tried to downgrade but face the APT related error from openhab-config… Not sure where to look…

Thanks,

hi thefathefa,

I had exactly this error when I was on Raspbian, version jessie.
When I upgraded the OS to version stretch, the error was no longer present and I could upgrade Openhab.
Did you double-check that you have upgraded the OS to version stretch or buster ?
cheers,
andy

Hello andy, thanks a lot for the answer. I am on Jessie, this I know.

I did work around that specific error by executing the apt-get command without the parameter but I still have the other error preventing openhab from starting.
But I’ll look at upgrading the OS, is there is luck, maybe it’ll fix both problems :slight_smile:

I should probably add that the error came in the following context:

• I had not upgraded anything for the last 4 to 5 weeks at least (latest upgrade probably in July) and I was already on 2.5 milestone, but the one from that time
  • I use the apt update and upgrade commands directly from the shell to upgrade until now and last week again
  • I did have the error mentioned and then I tried to run the config-tool driven update / upgrade but it did not fix anything…

So basically, the only thing that I did from the 2.5 milestone in July is to run apt update and upgrade from the shell, without anything else.
I hope this can help in understanding what the problem can be…

And I have now upgraded to stretch - I haven’t encountered the apt-get error below any more. Thanks @andy95

This is an announcement thread. Discuss your personal issues in your own threads please.