The little lights WONT STOP BLINKING! (Aeotec Door Sensor problems)

Greetings,
(OpenHab2 running on a RaspPi with a Aeotec Z-Stick)

I have two Aeotec Door Sensor Gen5. One of them works perfectly. Mounted great and I’ve not ahd a single problem with it.

The second one is, of course, a problem.

No matter what I do, the led light won’t stop blinking. I have tried everything I can think of to get it configured. It WAS configured for a while, something went wrong (I’m not sure what) and not no matter what, the led blinks at a rate of about 1/2 second.

I have 2 specific asks because my Google-foo has failed me and I can’t find answers to these anywhere.

1: Does anyone know of a troubleshooting guide for these devices? SOmething that will help me diagnose the problem by the pattern of blinks?

2: Is there documentation anywhere on the difference between Wakeup Interval and Polling Period? I thought I saw a comprehensive explanation once but can’t seem to find it anymore. The explanations on both Paper UI and HabMin are very unclear as to the purpose and most importantly what the numbers represent. (Seconds? Minutes? Moon cycles?)

Thanks in advance for any pointers. :slight_smile: And as always, thank you to everyone who haas taken the time to contribute to openhab. I love this project.

Cheers! :slight_smile:
=C=

UPDATE:

While I did not find either of what I was looking for, I was able to resolve the situation. As usual, “Have you tried turning it off and back on again” worked. :slight_smile:

I had to :

• Remove the node from my Z-Wave USB stick using the Windows based Z-Wave tool.
  • Perform a factory reset on the Aeotec Door Sensor
  • Reboot my OH server to make sure it was gone. (Purely precautionary)
  • Re-add the sensor

I read somewhere along the way that the wakeup interval for the particular sensor had to be a multiple of 4. I chose 43200 seconds, which is 12 hours. I believe this is where I went wrong before, it wasn’t a multiple of 4. Once I did all of this, the sensor started operating properly. It is even displaying the battery level. :slight_smile:

I think that Wakeup Interval is how often the sensor (battery operated sensor) wakes up and pings the controller. This ping allows the controller to send any queued messages to the sensor. (e.g. if you want to change the wakeup interval) I am not sure - because I don’t have any tools to spy on the Z-Wave protocol - but I think that when the sensor wakes up and pings the controller, it also sends it’s state which includes the battery level. Since I put rechargeable AAA batteries in this sensor, I’m ok with it waking up twice a day. My Sensative Strips that I use that have integrated batteries, I only have wakeup one a day.

Anyhow, logging all of this in case it helps someone else down the road…or I run in to this same problem in 6 months. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
=C=