There are no sitemaps available - but there is one!

It is really frustrating, I am now trying since 2 days to run openhab2 and it’s just not. It was hard to find out for me that stuff is saved in files and in a database.

Well, now I would like to continue to configure everything by files and started with a really simple sitemap

sitemap demo label="My home automation" {
    Frame label="Date" {
    }
    Frame label="Demo" {

}
}

Saved as de.sitemap in the folder /etc/openhab2/sitemap

default sitemap in the ui configuration is: de

And now I still get the error: There are no sitemaps available
No matter if I try:
http://192.168.4.23:8080/basicui/app
or
http://192.168.4.23:8080/basicui/app?sitemap=de

only the _default is working, but I have no idea how to configure this one in detail…

Anyone who could help me?

Here it is:

Hello!

I’m pretty sure that a frame can’t be empty. You need to have at least one item inside these frames.

Best regards,
Davor

Your sitemap’s name is “demo”, not “de”

http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/sitemaps.html

Makes no difference, especially since http://192.168.4.23:8080/basicui/app?sitemap=de is not working as well.[quote=“martiniman, post:2, topic:20885, full:true”]
Here it is:
Openhab 2 sitemap not showing - please help
[/quote]

Already tried this one and it’s not helping and also pasing the paramets does not help.

Changed the file to

sitemap de label="My home automation" 
    {
	Frame {
		// Bulb3
		Switch item=		HueColorLamp3_ColorLoop

}

}

The item exists, but it is not helping. Sitemap is saved unter /etc/openhab2/sitemaps/de.sitemap

Any further ideas? It is quite frustrating.

Create a new file with filename mysite.sitemap

sitemap mysite label="My Site Map" {
    Frame label="Test" {
        Switch item=HueColorLamp3_ColorLoop
    }
}

Set as default sitemap the new “mysite” in PaperUI->Conf->Services->Basic UI-Conf->Default

Test it by: http://192.168.4.23:8080/basicui/app?sitemap=mysite
It should also work @ http://192.168.4.23:8080/basicui/app (as default)

(never hurts to try something from scratch) :slight_smile:
It’s also good practice to use the same name for the sitemap as well as for the filename
Also: careful not to have spaces or tabs after item=

Thanks for help, and yes best is to try something simple first, but also this one is not working. I am thinking about to delete openhab2 and install it again in expert mode. The answer is still:

http:// 192.168.4.23:8080/basicui/app?sitemap=mysite is not working, too.

Is there any possibilty to check in which folders openhab2 is really searching?

Try to check in the /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log for any error messages related to the sitemaps.

Also, check file permissions of your /etc/openhab2/sitemaps/mysite.sitemap file (chown openhab:openhab mysite.sitemap)

It may have been a typo but make sure that the folder that you saving the sitemap file is: /etc/openhab2/sitemaps

I took a fresh openhab2 in expert mode and now it works. I have no idea what was the problem. Just took the example of yours. Too late now to check the log. Thanks for help.

1 Like

It is more than just good practice. There will be errors and warnings in the logs if you don’t and some things may not work, in particular navigating subframes.

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem
installed openhabian al ready 4 times created al the files and when I tried to change them I get always the same bullshit " no sitemaps available " and the files are there.
I think I’m gonna instal openhab 1.8 again that seems to work
I hope they gonna fix this bug also tried 2.2, the same:frowning_face:

steven

But are they valid? Are there errors in the logs complaining about not being able to parse the .sitemap file?

Given the hundreds if not thousands of users who are successfully using 2.2 snapshot we will need more evidence before this can be called a bug versus a problem with the docs or a mistake made during setup.

I’m fairly new to openhab. In the begining it al work but them i wanted to cumise the sitemap and the throuble started. How do i call up the logs. Everytime i tried i got no permission. And why is it working the first time and after everyclean install i doenst. There was an instal i had 4 sitemaps and non of them where recognised. What am i doing wrong. Must assign the naam of the map in the paper ui and than create them??
I getting frustrated :weary::weary::weary:

Regards
Steven Lentzen
steven.lentzen@telenet.be

In which directory (and how) are you placing your *.sitemap file(s)?

The logs can be found in /var/log/openhab2/. The main is the openhab.log.

when you customize the sitemap, use the same name for the filename also:
/etc/openhab2/sitemaps/mysite.sitemap

sitemap mysite label="mysite label"
{
Switch item=Robo500
}
1 Like

That’s honestly the worst thing you can do. SO much changed to the better since back then. Don’t sacrifice this because of maybe one syntax error.

It should be pretty easy. Okay here we go:

• First remove the Default Sitemap setting from inside Paper UI. From now on Basic UI will ask you which Sitemap you want to open. You’ll see all sitemaps without syntax errors.
  • Next let’s create a very simple one to see, that your setup works. Add the file /etc/openhab2/sitemaps/test.sitemap (see below) with the following content:
sitemap test label="My testing sitemap" {
    Frame label="Test" {
        Text label="I am a test item" 
    }
}

You should see the “test” sitemap pop up under available sitemaps.

Regarding the path: Do you know how to access the path /etc/openhab2 ?? It’s pretty easy with openHABian. Please see the documentation article: http://docs.openhab.org/installation/openhabian.html

You can either access the SSH console of the system to work in a Linux editor like vim or nano, that’s not easy for Linux newbies. It’s often easier to mount the provided network share \\openhabianpi\openHAB-share as a drive letter on your system. Here’s a tutorial for windows: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/map-network-drive-windows-10

From here on out you should be able to extend and rename the test sitemap to the point where everything works as you expect it to.

Good luck and let us know how far you got!

1 Like

Ok I tried it and your example works BUT when I trie to chance the content or dare to create a new sitemap it’s “can find sitemap x”. GRRRR

This is the error

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /classicui/app. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Sitemap ‘test’ could not be found
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:169)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:287)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.render.RenderException: Sitemap ‘test’ could not be found
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:130)
… 21 more
Caused by:

org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.render.RenderException: Sitemap ‘test’ could not be found
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:287)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hey
Sorry for my French “but I don’t use f***ing windbloz” but its a nececery evil
I work with a Mac a around for more 20 years
I know a lot has changed but I know my way around the terminal (or at least I trie) this is the first time I work with pi
So cut me some slak
I’ m trying to get some home automation to for my home (as a hobby) and I red that openhab is the best???
So I’m trying to get erverything working, but I just keep on hitting a brick wall ( my head hurts)

So I hope you can understand my frustration

Regards

Then obviously you are doing something wrong…

Are you using the SmartHome Designer IDE to write your sitemap file? It highlights most errors.

As for the correct sitemap syntax, check here: http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/sitemaps.html

Relax friend. I could have simply said “edit the file”. I wanted to give some additional hints and as you didn’t state your environment and experience, I went with the basics.

Frustration shouldn’t be part of the process. Just take one step after the other. It seems pretty obvious, that you just have syntax errors in your sitemap.
Maybe it’s helpful to look at the example given here: http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/sitemaps.html#full-example