ThermoFloor HEATIT Z-TEMP2 - Error getting configurationCommandClass

1. Check openHAB-ZWave [Jenkins] for new snapshots.
  2. Use bundle:update to install the snapshot.

Thanks for the help, but this is the result. Do I need to install testing or snapshot?

openhab> bundle:list |grep ZWave
241 │ Active    │  80 │ 3.4.0                  │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding
250 │ Installed │  80 │ 4.0.0.202301110349     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding
openhab> bundle:stop 241
openhab> bundle:start 250
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
	Error starting bundle 250: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [250]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=17))"

The Z-Wave Binding snapshot was built for openHAB 4 and doesn’t seem to be compatible with openHAB 3.4.x. I don’t know whether it is possible to make it compatible with openHAB 3.4.x by installing Java 17 or whether @chris could provide a Z-Wave Binding snapshot for openHAB 3.4.x.

For testing purposes you could install openHAB 4 snapshot and the latest Z-Wave Binding snapshot.

Mostly bad news. First the partial good; the device changes were included in a DB update #1837, however it wasn’t merged into a OH4.0 snapshot, so you will have to wait until that happens. What gets merged and when is a mystery to me, so I can’t say why. Second, the OH4.0 snapshots require java 17. Third there was a 3.4.1 version a few days ago but Chris got the news too late (He lives in New Zealand) to include any of the DB changes since mid December in that version. He could include DB changes in a 3.4.x version that does not need java 17, but if and when there is another 3.4.x version is unknown. Releasing updates to a major release is unusual, but I think it is related to the Java 17 requirement for 4.0. I did upgrade my 3.4 version to Java 17, but it wasn’t real smooth. I’m working on a guide, but it isn’t finished.

There are a couple of options (besides waiting) (to continue your adventure) that require some linux skills/jar manipulation. What platform and operating system do you have?

Thanks for the explanation, because I tried the snapshot build without success. Got some skills, but I prefer waiting instead of spending more time now.

2 Likes