Thermostat "TargetTemperature" Errors

HI, I am using a thermostat (HRT4-ZW) and I cannot get the setpoint to work.

This is my items files (as recommended on the forum)

Group gThermostat "Wall Thermostat" [ "Thermostat" ]
//Number tCurrent "Room Temperature" <temperature> (gThermostat) [ "CurrentTemperature" ] {channel="zwave:device:cfdcce4e:node6:sensor_temperature"}
Number tTarget "Target Temp" <temperature> (gThermostat) [ “TargetTemperature” ] {channel="zwave:device:cfdcce4e:node6:thermostat_setpoint_heating"}
//String tMode "Thermostat Mode" <temperature> (gThermostat) [ “homekit:HeatingCoolingMode” ] {channel="zwave:device:cfdcce4e:node6:thermostat_mode"}

I have commented out the other channels while I test this.

Now, it would appear if I delete the block-quoted [ “TargetTemperature” ] it works.

This is my error.

03:39:59.510 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'thermostat.items' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [3,60]: no viable alternative at input '�'
[3,78]: mismatched input '�' expecting RULE_ID
[3,90]: mismatched input '=' expecting RULE_ID

Any idea what this means? Do I have to provide additional values?

Thanks in advance.

When looking in your code paste, it seems that you used the wrong quotation marks. Please only use " for quotes in openHAB configuraion files, never use “ nor ”

(Please use magnification in your browser to see the difference)

1 Like

Wow, so simple (and I stared at those lines over and over for over an hour and missed that).

Ironically, I copied that straight from the forum, so god only knows how many other people have the same problem.

From now on my Notepad font will be 12 and not 10.

Thanks again,

If this solved your problem, please mark the posting as the solution :wink: just to help others to find it…

I don’t have that option, else I would have.

Yes, you have (as you are the originator of this topic).
It’ a bit hidden, though (between pencil and reply arrow under the three dots)

All I can do is Like, Share, Flag or Bookmark (as well as reply),

That’s very strange. There should be an option t mark a posting as the solution… :hushed:

Lots actually, but mostly pretty recently. I’m wondering if Discourse has changed recently to automatically change to so called “smart quotes”.