Thing configuration does not show boolean thing parameter in paperUI

HI ,

i am implementing a binding in openhab and created configuration parameter according below structure in my thing type definition.

Unfortunately the echohandling parameter of type boolean is not shown in the thing configuration properties while creating the thing. I would expect a kind of checkbox for the boolean configuration parameter.

<config-description> <parameter name="port" type="text" required="true"> <context>network-address</context> <label>Portname</label> <description>Serial port to use connecting to the metering device e.g. COM1 for Windows and /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 for Linux.</description> <default>/dev/ttyS0</default> </parameter> <parameter name="baudRateChangeDelay" type="decimal" min="0" max="250" step="1" required="false"> <context>network-address</context> <label>Baud rate change</label> <description>Delay of baud rate change in ms. Default is 0. USB to serial converters often require a delay of up to 250ms default is 0ms.</description> <default>0</default> </parameter> <parameter name="echoHandling" type="boolean" required="true"> <context>network-address</context> <label>Echo handling</label> <description>Enable handling of echos caused by some optical tranceivers. Default value is true.</description> <default>false</default> </parameter> <parameter name="initMessage" type="text" required="false"> <context>network-address</context> <label>Extra pre init bytes</label> <description>extra pre init bytes. Default value is empty.</description> <default></default> </parameter> <parameter name="refresh" type="integer" required="true"> <label>Meter refresh rate</label> <description>Refresh rate in [s] to query the meter data.</description> <default>60</default> </parameter> </config-description>

Is there anything wrong with above way to configure the boolean config parameter?

I am using current git version 2.1 of openhab

BR
peter

You might have better luck on the Eclipse Smarthome forum. All the Thing code is developed there.

ok , will do so . as namespace of paperUI is openhab i expected that paperui related feedback is here.
anyway i will post the issue in smarthome

thx
peter

I’m not sure why PaperUI namespace is openhab. It is developed over on the ESH side as well.

No, only the fragment that brings openHAB CSS styles is org.openhab - the “real” Paper UI is org.eclipse.smarthome namespace.
So yes, @rlkoshak is right, the ESH forum is the best place to ask development related questions.

@kreutzer_peter

I don’t know if this is relevant, but the network-address context doesn’t seem right for a boolean parameter. Maybe try removing it?

<parameter name="echoHandling" type="boolean" required="true">
                <context>network-address</context>
                <label>Echo handling</label>
                <description>Enable handling of echos caused by some optical tranceivers. Default value is true.</description>
                <default>false</default>
            </parameter>

Oh thanks a lot, removing the context did the trick

Cheers
Peter

Cool. Glad that resolved it.