Things disappeared after upgrading to OH 4.1.3

I upgraded to OH 4.1.3, and restored the OH 2.5 backup, Habpanel configuration and things disappeared. I imported habpanel-config.json and habpanel configuration showed up.

I checked openHAB-userdata\jasondb files and they perfectly matched the files from OH2.5. However I noticed that the names used in 4.1.3 were different so I renamed the files

From " org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json"
to “org.openhab.core.thing.Thing.json”

From “org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ItemChannelLink.json”
to org.openhab.core.thing.link.ItemChannelLink.json

from “org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json”
to “org.openhab.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json”

But it still did not work, any ideas to help solve this isuue would be appreciated.

Regards
Joseph

Well, openHAB2.5 is very old (at least in terms of openHAB) and there was a ton of stuff that was changed since then.
Best chances to get a working 2.5 to a working 4.1 would be to update to 3.0, then 3.5, then 4.0, but you’ll have to change many things manually anyway, so I would prefer to build a completely new system.
If possible, run the 2.5 version on another system to check all your configuration while building the new system.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I tried running 3.x ( can’t remember exaclty which release) and I got the same results, all items are there but Habpanel and things do not show up.

I will try again with 3.0 then 3.5 and see if I get different results. I am doing this work on a development RPI with openhabian.

The issue is that I have 697 items, if I have to recreate all things and redo all the linking manually it will be a cumbersome and lengthy process.

All I had to do was replace all instances of “eclipse.smarthome” with “openhab” within the json files and restart openhabian, and all things showed up. This is the case for OH 3.x and 4.x.