Thousands of OH installations accessible from everywhere

I would say it depends … In case you have a fixed IP public address then yes. In case your public IP address changes then the results shown on shodan.io may show an others computers results.
To be sure that all your routers ports are closed resp. only those which you intend to open are open you need to run an adhoc scan via an online portal as described in an earlier post.

https://www.myip.com/

Will show the current public IP.

Yes, good clarification. I assumed that someone would check the IP and then immediately do the Shodan search.

That doesn’t necessarily show correct results. I think shodan does scans periodically, and then the result is cached. When searching for my IP I got two open ports, which I closed down recently. But the scan was more than two weeks old (from 2021-09-09)

That makes sense. If so, the process would be to check the IP now and then check it again after the periodic scan. I think that would be the easiest way to ensure that your current IP doesn’t show up now or in the future.

You can also see the links in my replies in this thread. You can do a real-time scan of your ports to see if they are open closed or stealth. You do not need to wait for this to work or get crawled.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder @matt1. I lost track of that in the conversation, so I’m quoting you here.