Three toggle buttons with dependency between them without writing a rule

Hello, is there a way to add 3 toggle buttons in Main UI with a dependencies between them (e.g. only one can be ON and the other 2 OFF)? For example something that can control HVAC (OFF, MANUAL, AUTO), so I can push OFF and this excludes automatically MANUAL and AUTO? I could write a rule for this but I was wondering if this is possible to do this directly in Main UI without using a rule, or to do it through a custom widget. Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

You’ll need a rule. You could theoretically do it in a Widget, but that wouldn’t prevent commands from other sources.

This part sounds fairly ordinary; three buttons linked to just one Item, which can only have one state at a time. Maybe that highlights one button.

Not sure what you want there. After clicking OFF, the other buttons disappear? How will you turn it on again?

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for, very easy solution and I didn’t think about it. I am still learning. How can I highlight the button when selected? I’m looking oh-button options but I can’t figure out how to do this.

No, they don’t disappear, I want just 3 buttons, every button sends a string command to the item as you suggested (e.g. button1 sends “OFF”, button2 sends “AUTO”, button3 sends “MANUAL”). If I click the button1 in the Main UI this button is highlighted for example in red, and the other 2 remain not highlighted.

Like this -

Thank you so much!